[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Thomas Thor Associates now has a ~6 months opening for an ITAAC Engineer at a client AP1000 construction site in Waynesboro, GA. The client's resume submittal deadline for this opening is 6/14/21.
Candidate will be responsible for managing the completion documentation associated with the inspection, engineering analyses, and required testing that provides objective evidence to meet the Combined License Appendix C Inspections, Tests, Analyses, and Acceptance Criteria (ITAAC).
Work environment for this assignment:
• Combination of office setting and field work.
• Periodic field inspections and walkdowns may be necessary.
• Exposure to hot and cold conditions is minimal.
• Project Management Certification (PMP) and AP1000 experience OR
• BS Engineering from an ABET accredited school or Licensed Professional Engineer, or
• Senior Reactor Operator Experience at a Commercial Nuclear Plant
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• A minimum of 5 years of combined experience in one or multiple of the following is required at a nuclear power plant or nuclear project:
• Plant Initial Testing (Components/Pre-operational)
• Plant Modifications (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical/I&C)
• Nuclear Construction/Start-Up
• Nuclear Operations
• System Engineering
• Construction Engineering
• Work Management
• Project Management
• Design Engineering
• This position requires unescorted access to the protected area of a nuclear plant
Preferred attributes include any of the following:
• Knowledge of NRC and Industry codes and standards for testing, modifications, or construction of a nuclear facility
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience utilizing project management skills
• Strong verbal communications skills
• Ability to prepare detailed technical reports using electronic media
• Proven ability to succeed while working on cross-functional project teams
• Ability to interface with the NRC
• Ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines
• Ability to achieve issue resolution among diverse organizations
• 10 CFR 52 Licensing/ITAAC experience and/or familiarity with the AP1000 design
• PMP preferred
• Positions requires ladder climbing to access scaffolds, walking on uneven surfaces, performing inspections at elevated heights, performing inspections in confined spaces, and working extended work hours.
• Ability to work approximately 15% in field inspection and 85% in the office.