[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
OLH Inc., an Atlanta-based firm, was founded in 1993 to offer general consulting services in the areas of Project and Construction Management and Staff Augmentation. A female and minority owned firm, OLH Inc. (OLH) is a certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) in states throughout the Southeast and is a certified Small Business Administration (SBA) Economically Disadvantaged Woman-owned Small Business. Other offices are in Augusta, Georgia, Columbia, South Carolina and Huntsville, Alabama. OLH offers professional services including Project and Construction Management, Program Management, Software Development, and Staff Augmentation to federal, state, and local government agencies.
Great opportunity to join a talented team with an outstanding company that values their employees and their career! OLH offers competitive salaries, benefit packages, holidays, and paid time off.
Performs cost estimating, analysis, and control activities for projects or proposals. Coordinates task execution with other Project Controls staff. Performs data analysis identifying problems and makes recommendations. Performs control activities for project and/or proposal efforts. Performs historical data analysis and maintains historical databases. Supports estimate reporting and reviews. Provides technical direction to assigned personnel when delegated. Supports training activities, as needed. Executes simultaneous tasks within broadly defined parameters.
1. Prepare estimate plans for small-scale projects (inclusive of estimate budget) through evaluation of scope, contract, desired estimate type/quality and time/resources available.
2. Prepare capital cost estimates. Reviews design scope criteria and develops quantities for undefined scope assumptions in coordination with others. Prepares estimate basis and assumption documentation; and/or:
3. Prepares services cost estimates. Ensures properly allocation of payroll adders. Creates cost models for fee calculations. Performs analysis on functional input to staffing plan. Prepares estimate basis and assumption documentation; and/or:
4. Supports complex/conducts basic conceptual/order of magnitude (OOM) estimates. Develops conceptual quantities to supplement partial lump sum and Design Build design documents when definition is not available. Contributes to basis and assumption documentation.
5. Assesses and integrates commercial terms and conditions into estimates under supervision.
6. Prepares cost studies, trend estimates, and life cycle cost estimates in specialized areas or in specialized discipline area. May use modified templates. Guides others in area of expertise.
7. Reviews basic software generated estimates for completion and technical accuracy ensuing quality and integrity and that applicable lessons learned are incorporated.
8. Participates in establishing pricing structures to be applied to quantities for estimates. Establishes format and content of summaries and reconciliations, including segregation of cost according to level of confidence.
9. Identifies risk items and assigns risk levels to portions of the project work; identifies measures to mitigate risk.
10. Calculates contingency through manual calculations and/or other analysis.
11. Evaluates productivity and develops probable construction cost based on crew craft productivity.
12. Performs and reviews escalation calculations for estimates of complex jobs.
13. Takes a lead role in estimate reviews and presentations. Interfaces with designated management personnel on specific sections of estimate presentations.
14. Prepares cost trend estimates in support of project cost trend programs.
15. Performs cash flow and working capital assessments. Performs and reviews associated calculations and analysis. Predicts/extrapolates cost curves based on experience of scheduled-activities and cost correlation analysis. The following duties are performed with respect to Foundation Development, the process of establishing and maintaining technical capabilities for personnel, cost databases and tools.
• Advanced experience estimating for EPC and/or Expense Services projects.
• Strong business, systems, and mathematical background.
• Demonstrated applied analytical and quantitative skills.
• Advanced experience preparing cost estimates with their corresponding job scopes.
• Advanced experience in making decisions; researching, analyzing, and solving problems.
• Advanced experience performing quantity takeoffs for EPC or Services activities.
• Advanced experience in conducting basic material detail pricing.
• Strong communication skills including presentation development and report writing
• Knowledge of EPC estimating methods, processes and procedures, with estimating types, classifications and components.
• Experience in Lump Sum Design Build estimates.
• Extensive experience in detail level estimates and design packages.
• Experience performing quantity takeoffs, statistical analysis and cost price analysis.
• Must be familiar with engineering and construction codes and standards.
• Advanced experience in scheduling and resource management.
• Experience working on multiple projects with conflicting and often changing priorities and deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff, management, and external customers.
• Multidiscipline EPC and/or Services experience working on projects.
Position typically requires a bachelors degree and a minimum of twelve years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. At this level, post graduate course work may be expected.
If you are a U.S. citizen, and your resume and experience meet the job description and requirements, please apply online. Upon review of your resume, we will contact you if additional information is needed.
If you have any questions, please email, or call us at the number listed below. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email.
Direct Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: OLH will not accept resumes from third-party recruiters/staffing agencies. OLH will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.