[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Senior Radiation Protection Technician
A Senior Radiation Protection Technician is needed to support coverage of radiological work at the Westinghouse Waltz Mill Site for eight weeks. Work includes surveillance of radiological work areas, radioactive material management, data/records management, radiological sample collection/analysis, air monitoring and sampling.
What You Will Do:
• Perform radiation control work activities in support of maintenance, decontamination and compliance operations.
• Perform radiological surveys (radiation, contamination, and airborne radioactivity) of work areas and generate associated documents.
• Perform release surveys of materials, equipment and property from areas controlled for radiological purposes to uncontrolled areas.
• Evaluate radiological conditions within various types of facilities and post areas and items controlled for radiological purposes.
• Conduct and/or support assessments, audits and other measures needed regarding radiological incidents. Respond to contaminated personnel/areas and other radiological incidents and emergencies, and participate in corrective action.
• Provide radiological support during preparation, packaging, and shipment/transfer of radioactive materials and wastes.
What is Required:
• Education, or combination of education and experience, in which advanced technical concepts and principles are acquired in the field of radiation protection/health physics.
• 5 years of relevant experience in radiation measurement, radioisotope handling and radiation monitoring, including 1 year as a qualified Radiation Control Technician or Health Physics Technician.
• Ability to apply advanced radiation safety, radiation measurement and radioisotope handling principles in general assignments.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a radiation protection team given broad and general program/project directions.
• Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position including routinely lift and transport of 40 lbs; frequently bend and stoop; stand and walk for 4-6 hours per day. Successfully pass a routine medical examination as well as successfully pass applicable training including Respirator Fit Testing.