[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Title: Project Manager 4 (Nuclear Licensing)
Location: REMOTE – Occasional Travel to Corvallis, OR
Senior Level Role – Flex on salary
Reporting to the Director, Project Management, this role will manage internal and/or external projects related to the Small Modular Reactor Technology. The Project Manager leads a diverse team with various departments to advance the Small Modular Reactor design, fabrication and deployment. Work will be performed collaboratively with other departments to ensure delivery of project to meet customer requirements and deliver customer value while achieving cost, schedule, quality and other specified targets and objectives. Expected complexity of projects include: non-recurring projects that involve significant FOAK activities, multi year horizon for scope, autonomous work, intensive interface with high or unknown risk significance, large commercial value.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage the overall planning and execution of project activities for assigned projects in accordance with their policies and procedures.
2. Document and maintain the approved baseline, earned value planning and management, and project execution strategy in a Project Management Plan. Communicate the project baseline and requirements to the project team.
3. Proactively identify and achieve resolution of project problems and anticipated challenges, including escalation of issues within the organization when necessary via effective risk and issue management.
4. Provides weekly and monthly status reports focused on project performance (earned value metrics, variance analysis, etc.), schedule and cost risk mitigations, and issue resolution to project stakeholders.
5. Coordinate with performing organization management personnel to authorize work and assign work package managers and qualified resources for project execution.
6. Develop, maintain and control project-specific plans and procedures needed for the efficient execution of the project.
7. Maintain the group’s standard of high quality and timely completion of tasks.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
• Education: A minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management or a related discipline.
• Experience: Minimum of 10 years’ experience in project management or related field dealing with a high degree of complexity and multiple interfaces.
o Demonstrated application of Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge principles and processes. (required)
o Demonstrated application of integrated cost and schedule control, or ANSI EIA-748-C Earned Value Management System practices. (required)
o Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent certification program completion REQUIRED
o Experienced leader of a nuclear licensing team with demonstrated understanding of current NRC licensing regulations for nuclear power plants (preferred)
o Project Management experience in the nuclear industry, energy industry, power plant architect/engineering (A/E), power plant engineering procurement construction (EPC), or US Department of Energy nuclear projects. (preferred)
• Nuclear Licensing: An understanding of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission regulations and standards related to licensing process and design documentation of nuclear power plants.
• Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
• Quality Assurance: Basic understanding or ability to understand the quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and ASME NQA-1.