[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Requesting an Electrical Engineer with Instrumentation & Control (I&C) experience for the Nuclear Plant in Southport, NC. The individual will perform design engineering work for electrical and I&C projects within the engineering organization. The I&C engineering work may include digital and software focused items. Current qualification at a nuclear utility as a Modification Engineer under an INPO Accredited Program and knowledge of Passport or Consolidated Asset Suite for design and work order development is highly desirable. Experience in Operations department is considered a desirable trait as well. Individual will be required to obtain qualifications for a Modification Engineer prior to working independently. Selected individual will act as the Lead Technical and/or Responsible Engineer for assigned projects and in a support capacity on other project teams.
Responsibilities will include design package development, developing conceptual designs and specifications for bidding purposes, evaluating alternatives, technical support during implementation, setpoint development, coordination of design efforts with selected vendors/AEs/designer and conducting design package reviews.
Design products related to major digital controls system replacements, software evaluations, instrument component upgrades, and control circuits are expected to be developed.
Individual will be required to qualify in the necessary duty areas to act independently as a Responsible Engineer for modifications within the facility with past qualifications and product demonstration from other utilities as an acceptable alternative.
Lastly, the individual will be expected to exhibit sound technical judgment and guidance to the project team.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years engineering experience in the nuclear industry with experience in digital hardware / software modifications.
• Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access to a nuclear facility (General Employee Training, Radiation Worker Training, Security Clearance checks and subject to the site’s Fitness for Duty Program)
• Strong oral / written communication skills within a professional environment
• Skilled in the practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations.
• Must be able to work in a team environment
• Registration/License as a Professional Engineer
• Digital / I&C engineering experience at Nuclear Plant
• Working knowledge of digital upgrade specific licensing requirements and current 10CFR73.54 Cyber Security Requirements
• Experience developing digital / software modification test plans
• Experience in the 10CFR50.59 with respect to designing modifications to a nuclear facility.
Pay: $77-$104 per hour