[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Onsite at Columbia Generating Station
12 months - Multi Year Contract - will be extended.
4 days x 10 hours
NO per diem
Must be US Citizen
Must be able to handle large scope nuclear project planning
Plan and prepare mechanical work packages for the Construction and Project Management organization for large and small scale projects to be performed by mechanical and contract maintenance organizations to insure that the plant projects are performed in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner, in compliance with company policies, procedures, and applicable codes and standards. Primary project support for the replacement of the existing High Pressure Moisture Separator Reheater Bundles with improved, High-Capacity HP Reheaters Bundles. Additional project responsibility’s for small online and outage projects as needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Plan and prepare work instructions that provide direction to mechanical and contract maintenance organizations projects and implementation of modifications. Select and approve purchase or make procurement recommendations for all materials needed for work package execution.
• Conduct field walkdowns to identify and analyze maintenance, modification, and surveillance activities and to provide input for refining and improving work package quality. Interface and collaborate with Work Management, Supply, Operations, and Engineering to identify and resolve work package issues.
• Define procedures, drawings, equipment, and materials required to performing planned work packages. Facilitate package preparation by preparing and/or submitting OOS’s, RWP’s, plant barrier impairments, welding/grinding permits, fire impairments, Operability impact statements, ALARA task outs, Regulatory/Code documentation, Quality hold/witness points, freeze seal and temporary leak repair documentation, and other requests.
• Verify work instructions are adequate and comply with all applicable station procedures including NSP’s, NSWP’s, ASME Code, etc. Approve and review all required work packages to ensure safety, high quality, technical rigor, and 10CFR50.59 screening or evaluation (if required).
• Develop revise, and review maintenance procedures to facilitate and enhance work package development, maintain compliance with codes, standards, and vendor recommendation, and maintenance direction.
• Provide project management of other system planners or contractors to develop detailed elements of overall package preparation.
• Participate in work control/scheduling meetings, planning feedback/craft interface time, detailed contract requisition reviews, complex troubleshooting, Maintenance risk, Clearance Order reviews, Planner peer reviews, and system interaction reviews to ensure applicable station processes and applicable changes are supported
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in business and Eight (8)+ years commercial nuclear power plant experience OR 10+ years commercial nuclear power plant experience
• Passport and Primavera experience
• Preparation of weld records
• PMP Certification, desired but not required