[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Site CAPCO -- Cause Analyst
Corrective Action programs. This role may include:
• Leading station Corrective Action Program as Site CAPCO
• Monitoring and Mentoring Department level CAPCOs to ensure station CAP standards for excellence
• Developing Station Management Review Committee (MRC) packages and facilitating meetings and
interfacing with site leadership to drive excellence in CAP performance.
• Facilitating daily CAP screening meetings to ensure Condition Reports are properly prioritized and
• Participating in fleet and industry initiatives to align SNC's Corrective Action Program with industry
• Partnering with management to identify, analyze and improve station performance.
• Promoting excellence in Performance Improvement throughout the station.
• Performing causal analysis as assigned.
• Performing database audit functions to ensure quality of corrective action program database.
The successful candidate will be assigned the following responsibilities based on their experience,
expertise, and the needs of the department. Key responsibilities may include:
• Lead and/or facilitate daily screening meetings of Condition Reports, Management Review
Committee meetings, and daily CAP reviews
• Champion implementation and improvement of the Site Corrective Action Program, including
implementing standards of excellence throughout all Site departments
• Working closely with other Performance Improvement Department teammates and Site Management,
analyze Site performance and then create and implement standards of excellence and action plans
that result in improved Site performance
Job Experience Requirement
• 3 years of technical, related experience at an operating nuclear power plant or DOE nuclear facility is
• Previous experience working within a Performance Improvement Department in an operating nuclear
power plant is strongly preferred
• Previous experience working as a Site or Department CAPCO in an operating nuclear power plant is
• Certification/Qualification in industry standard root cause analysis techniques including MORT, Failure
Analyses, Barrier Analysis, Analytical Troubleshooting, or other methods is preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in Science, Math or related field is strongly preferred. A Reactor Operator (RO) or
Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) license or certification or previous Pl experience is also preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Working knowledge of the Performance Improvement programs and initiatives
• Working knowledge of 1 0CFRS0 AppB and NQA-1
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Teamwork and relationship building skills are a must
• MS Office suite proficiency (Word, Excel spreadsheets and graphs, Power Point and Access database
creation & queries)
• Proficiency using MAXIMO software and/or other single point entry CAP software platforms
• Strong leadership ability to provide professional feedback; effectively and efficiently facilitate
meetings and present subject matter in accordance with nuclear programs and procedures
• Strong analytical skills - able to systematically analyze a problem, identify the underlying causes and
develop alternative solutions
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and be productive in an environment where the work is broadly
defined with considerable freedom to act; very little supervision.