[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
We are looking for an Electrical Construction Manager to work at our client's site located in Bridgman, MI for a full time, short term assignment. The Construction Manager (CM) is a key member of the nuclear projects field implementation management team who is dedicated to ensuring the projects are successful, achieving project performance objectives, on-schedule, and on-budget. The CM interacts frequently with nuclear industry contractors at the General Superintendent, Supervisor, General Foreman, and Foreman levels to help those construction leaders succeed. The CM interacts directly with contracted craft, suppliers, work order planners, Health Physics (HP), Radiation Protection (RP), and station personnel to help the Project Manager ensure success completing projects and turning the system over to the station with achieving safety, on schedule and within budget.
Job Details/Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for establishing a culture of high, uncompromising standards that values industrial, radiological, and nuclear safety.
- Ensure all construction milestones are met for both outage and on-line preparation indicators.
- Manage the installation and constructability aspect within the Projects Department.
- Responsible for the development of the construction work breakdown structure, construction schedule, construction cost estimate, and constructability checklist.
- Review daily Force Reports to ensure resources required to support the daily scheduled are available.
- Responsible for field implementation of projects assigned to the CM by the Manager of Projects Construction.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, project management or equivalent field experience.
- 4+ year's nuclear power plant experience.
- Ability to manage complex, high risk, large scale projects.
- Have experience in executing work in radiological areas (nuclear).
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of construction, cost, scheduling, and the ability to develop or evaluate construction strategies and techniques.
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Be able to pass criminal background, drug/alcohol screen (including medical and recreational marijuana as well as CBD oil), and employment testing.