[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Direct Hire job
Reporting to the Manager, Systems Engineering this position works in close collaboration with multiple disciplines to support requirements and interface management across multiple products. As part of the Systems Engineering team, this position will directly support product development teams as the lead Systems Engineer for one or more products while also supporting the development of integrated Systems Engineering infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Working closely with engineering managers, supervisors, and design engineers, implement tailored and focused systems engineering best practices and processes for assigned product(s) that reduce design risk and complexity.
• Support the design team in developing requirements management deliverables that provide functional, interface, and design requirements traceability at all levels for assign product(s).
• Support the development of systems engineering standards and infrastructure.
• Produce Systems Engineering deliverables in accordance with company procedures and standards.
• Effectively communicate with other technical and non-technical disciplines.
• Provides mentoring to other engineers and sharing knowledge of expertise
• Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
• A minimum of a B.S. degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
• Some coursework in Systems Engineering preferred.
• INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional certification preferred.
• Minimum of 8 years of directly related full-time professional experience.
• Must have demonstrated experience in developing and implementing Systems Engineering practices and processes as well as experience working on complex, multi-discipline design projects.
• Other required experience includes:
• Knowledge of systems engineering concepts, tools, techniques such as
• Requirements Engineering (i.e., elicitation, derivation, allocation, traceability, etc.)
• Configuration management (i.e., familiarity with CM2, EIA-649)
• Verification and Validation (i.e., IEEE 1012)
• Trade Studies
• Design/Gate Reviews
• Solid technical writing, communication, computer, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to be proactive and work with minimal direction once tasks are assigned and understood.
• Ability manage conflicting demands and priorities.
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience with computer-based data management and/or model-based systems engineering software (e.g., Genesys, Core, Capella, Sparx, Cameo, MagicDraw, Rational Rhapsody, Rational DOORS etc.).
• Experience working with product lifecycle management (PLM) infrastructure and tools (ARAS preferred).
• Experience working in a highly regulated environment.
• Experience in power generation or nuclear industries.
Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
Quality Assurance: Demonstrated understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1 preferred.
CORE COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate competencies in performing the essential functions of this position by performing satisfactorily in each of these competencies.
• Problem solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and reviews information appropriately. Uses own judgment and acts independently; seeks input from other team members as appropriate for complex or sensitive situations.
• Oral/written communication: Listens carefully and speaks clearly and professionally in all situations. Edits work for accuracy and clarity, Is able to create, read and interpret complex written information. Ability to develop strong interpersonal networks within the organization.
• Collaboration: Works well with other team members, and is able to adapt to working with members across the NuScale organization.
• Planning/organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities, organizes personal and project timelines and deadlines, tracks project timelines and deadlines, and uses time efficiently.
• Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent interruptions, changes, delays, or unexpected events.
• Dependability: Consistently on time and at work, responds to management expectations and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Team Building: Capable of developing strong interpersonal networks and trust within the organization.
• Safety Culture: Adheres to the Safety culture and is expected to model safe behavior and influence peers to meet high standards.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to understand and communicate clearly using a phone, personal interaction, and computers.
• Ability to learn new job functions and comprehend and understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in a rapidly evolving environment.
• The employee frequently is required; to sit and stand; walk; bend, use hands to operate office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
• Ability to travel nationally and locally using common forms of transportation.
Disclaimer: Employee(s) must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employee(s) assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees in this classification.
Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.