[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for qualified candidates to perform the following:
The Construction Field Superintendent is responsible for oversight of approximately 25 to 50 Craft personnel and their field construction activities within a given geographic area. Construction work can include fabrication, installation, modification and maintenance of systems and components up to and including new project or facility installations. Inspects / verifies materials, equipment, and construction workmanship and assures compliance with drawings, specifications and code requirements.
Position requires a fundamental understanding of Construction installation principles, and ability to apply these principles to field conditions including radiologically controlled areas. Fundamental understanding of 1Y Work Control Manual requirements and experience in the execution of detailed construction work plans.
- Assists the General superintendent in directing the actual (physical) construction of multiple capital projects to their overall successful completion.
- Supervises approximately 25 – 50 craft personnel in the completion of field construction activities.
- Resolves quality control and quality assurance issues and recommends corrective action as necessary.
- Coordinates with design / construction engineering for scheduling of design outputs and provides design with necessary input to resolve design changes and improve constructability.
- Promotes increased productivity and safe work practices with the intent of maximizing use of resources and eliminating injuries.
- Fosters a "team concept" when interfacing with operations, DOE, other departments and divisions and attend scheduled and unscheduled meetings, provide reports, status on projects and identify, address and resolve problems.
- Reviews and approves job plans, permits, material requisitions for capital expenditures, schedules/schedule changes and miscellaneous other documents ensuring accuracy, practicality, economics, and impact on other projects.
- Identifies and acts on engineering and material restraints to critical jobs through meetings, discussions, reports and verifies that proper tools are in place to clear restraints.
- Design output constructability reviews
- work execution Field Coverage and Support
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field with 6+ years construction experience of which a minimum of 2 years has been in a management/supervisory role OR;
- Associate's degree in a technical field with 9+ years construction experience of which a minimum of 2 years has been in a management/supervisory role OR;
- High school diploma/GED and 12+ years combination of secondary education and/or practical construction experience of which a minimum of 2 years has been in a management/supervisory role.
- General knowledge of construction safety, planning, the ability to evaluate technical design data, develop and determine construction techniques and strategies.
- Manage a multi-disciplined staff in a proactive, value added manner.
- Working knowledge of national codes and standards.
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations.
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen
- Candidate must posses a valid driver's license
- Personal vehicles operated by candidate must have valid registration
- Personal vehicles operated by candidate must be insured with proof of insurance within the vehicle
Duration is estimated for 1 year with a 1 year option
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.