[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI Energy | Staffing Solutions (SSG) is searching for qualified candidates for one of our key clients for their Tooling Engineer located in in Lynchburg, VA with travel to nuclear outages during Fall of 2022 and Spring 2023. The Tooling Engineer uses computer-aided (CAD) software to create and adjust tools or parts for tools and equipment. Essential Functions and Tasks
- Using SolidWorks CAD or SmarTeam PLM to analyze existing tooling designs and improve on them.
- Draft blueprints for designs to craft necessary pieces or improve on previous designs.
- Analyze technical material, such as schematic diagrams or engineering drawings.
- Develop blueprints for new tooling designs as per client or project specifications.
- Share designs with colleagues and implement any relevant feedback in the new designs.
- Develop prototypes and test new designs.
- Carry out quality assurance tests on new designs.
- Attend pertinent meetings as needed to set priorities, understand work requirements, and review job progress.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- A qualified candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, electro-mechanical engineering or other technical field
- Five years of experience in the field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Must be proficient in SolidWorks CAD and SmarTeam PLM software.
- Must have work experience in tooling or machinery design, in specifying mechanical and electro-mechanical subcomponents, and machining and welding experience.
- Strong hands on experience with equipment/tooling assembly, checkout, testing, refurbishing/repair and on-site troubleshooting.
- Proven ability to demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior, integrity, and trust.