[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Contribute to a dynamic team of facility engineering professionals that provide engineering solutions across a wide variety of buildings at one of the most important research facilities in the world. Los Alamos National Laboratory is looking for an enthusiastic senior-level field engineers with an interest in building systems and infrastructure to work in the Engineering Services. This posting is for multiple Field Engineering positions within the following disciplines: Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls, Mechanical, Pressure Safety, Welding, Fire Protection, Civil, and Structural.
The Field Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the technical aspects of construction and maintenance projects are in full conformance with approved document and contractual documents by monitoring facility maintenance and construction activities. This is accomplished by ensuring that baseline documents are accurate, design documents are adhered to, and as-built configurations are verified. Field Engineers expedite project execution through identifying issues, coordinating technical solutions, and providing timely guidance through approved policies and procedures.
What You Need
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Proven experience is Overseeing, develop, and/or enforcing adherence to Contract Documents consisting of drawings and specifications to define changes to buildings and infrastructure.
• Excellent communications skills in providing engineering solutions both verbally and in writing for management, customers, peers, and craft personnel.
• Excellence in reviewing Work Packages and Work Instructions for completeness; including reviewing of project design and engineering documents to ensure their completeness and constructability; review and coordination of RFI responses
• Expert ability in providing guidance on design engineering drawings; assisting construction supervision in planning construction methods and procedures; providing field verification on construction materials for compliance and storage requirements; and providing quality oversight of installers.
• Experienced in directing and mentoring Junior Field Engineers in their functions and tasks.
• Proven ability in repairing Field Change Requests and being a liaison with other Engineering Services personnel to resolve technical issues in the field.
• Experienced in inspecting construction work for compliance with drawings, specifications and national codes and standards; Perform witness testing, interpretation of design drawings and specifications, and closeout requirements; performing Turnover to Start-up.
Experience: 12 years related experience.
BS in an engineering dicipline
• Expert knowledge of DOE and LANL Engineering Standards and Conduct of Engineering principles and procedures, including expert knowledge and practical application of industry, regulatory, or Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration (DOE/NNSA) codes, standards, and criteria pertinent to the particular engineering discipline.
• Advanced knowledge of: engineering and construction techniques, applications of engineering and construction methods, and application of technology and tools to conventional facility operation and construction operations; construction principles and procedures, design guides, appropriate standards, and administrative practices; and advanced knowledge of construction work planning and control methods, including facility maintenance and installation techniques;
Per diem is available but you must live a minimum of 100 miles from the site.