[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
STRUCTURAL ANALYST/FELLOW ENGINEER
RFQ Number 587655
6 Months (1000 ST hours/ 200 OT hours) + ONE (1) 30 MONTH OPTION (5000 HR ST/ 1000 HR OT
US Citizenship Required
Provide advanced analysis and design of all types of buildings and structures for normal and accident loading conditions. Advanced structural analytical capabilities include dynamic seismic analysis (response spectra and time-history), generation of in-structure seismic response spectra, tornado winds and missile penetration and precipitation (rain, flood, snow).
Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
• MS Degree in Civil Engineering and 12 years relevant experience or BS Degree in Civil Engineering and 15 years relevant experience.
- 8 years recent experience in design and analysis of NRC or DOE regulated nuclear facilities
- Experience with finite element analysis.
- Knowledge of STAAD, ANSYS or ABAQUS or similar computer codes.
- Knowledge of National Codes and Standards; specifically, IBC, AISC (ASD, LRFD, & N690), ACI (318 & 349) and ASCE (4, 7 & 43).
A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Workweek excludes SRNS holidays. SRNS Management will determine best schedule depending on work needs. Each workday has a 30-minute unpaid lunch.
Area Security Access:
Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “L” security clearance. An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. After award, the selected candidate will be notified when to apply for a clearance based on specific work assignments. Candidates who have possessed an active DOE clearance (“L” or “Q”) within the past two years are preferred.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
UDR Consulting, INC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Woman-Owned, Minority-Owned, Small Disadvantaged Business. An Equal Opportunity Employer supporting a drug-free work environment.