[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
We are immediately seeking an I&C Field Engineer to initiate and complete the design, construction and commissioning activities needed to bring our client’s Medical Isotope Production Facility into commercial operation.
A good fit for a hands-on construction-based and flexible engineer with a focus on I&C scope elements, and able to interface with Structural, Welding and Electrical engineering to identify and resolve issues, this position offers the opportunity to perform a wide variety of different engineering activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides technical advice and works with General Contractor and internal Engineering / external design agencies to solve design problems
• Acquire technical knowledge of the production facility design, regulatory requirements, and project status, and translate this knowledge into reports, schedules, plans and other tools needed to drive the project to completion
• Perform site inspections to verify mechanical, structural, welding and/or electrical work scope completed in alignment with design requirements and provide solutions for non-conforming designs
• Interface and collaborate with external stakeholders and vendors to advance our client’s project goals
• Plan, execute, and manage installation contracts which support I&C scope elements – as required. Interface with construction activities associated with mechanical, structural and electrical elements.
• Identify and track items adverse to quality
• Work with and assist all divisions of the company to execute activities required to complete the production facility and establish commercial operation
• Assisting the Field Engineering Manager in managing General Contractor, including contractual, logistical, and technical requirements
• Other duties as assigned by the Field Engineering Manager
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Electrical preferred) with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in one or more areas of construction or project management (e.g., work execution, work planning, managing contracts, field engineering etc.)
• 10 years’ experience as a field engineer in any one of the focused disciplines including I&C may be substituted in lieu of the education requirement
• Ability to work in a team environment and to take directions as well as think independently
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret construction drawings, specifications, procedures, and government regulations
• Industry experience in construction or operations of nuclear facilities (Part 50 or 70) preferred.