[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Title: Electrical Production Team Member
Job Location: Vogtle 3&4, Waynesboro, GA
The Electrical Production Team member is a key member of the Southern Nuclear field construction management team who is dedicated to ensuring project success in achieving project performance objectives plus on-schedule and on-budget major milestone accomplishment. Electrical Production Team members interact frequently and directly with Vogtle 3&4 Construction contractors at the Area Manager / General Superintendent / Superintendent levels in order to help those construction leaders succeed. Team members also interact directly with the system completions team to help ensure success in turning systems over to the site testing team. The team members have a high level of initiative and are typically assigned to small teams that support site and nuclear electrical installation on both Plant Vogtle Units 3&4, including back shift.
The work environment is an active heavy construction site including both office and field settings. Work will require exposure to heat/cold/rain. The successful candidate will spend majority of the workday walking to various work areas and standing while interfacing with construction personnel. Traversing tight areas, climbing ladders, and wearing appropriate fall protection while working at heights will be required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Capable of acquiring and maintaining Nuclear Project clearance.
• Thorough understanding of construction management and project management, specifically electrical commodities.
• Thorough knowledge of construction scheduling, document control, and records requirements.
• Experience and skill in identifying problem areas, investigating alternative solutions, and determining solutions with appropriate paths forward in a dynamic and fast-paced construction environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience preparing clear, concise, and impactful reports.
• Knowledge of construction practices, construction field management, Field Engineering, construction scheduling and Area Manager responsibilities.
• Strong familiarity with Standard Work Process Procedures.
• Experience with Nuclear or other major construction focusing on electrical commodities including previous foreman, general foreman, planner, and superintendent experience.
• Experience with system and/or component functional testing and turnover to commissioning.
• Project Management Professional training and certifications are a plus.
Education and Experience: Position typically requires a recognized degree in engineering, or construction, or a minimum of five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Responsibilities may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
• Develop a strong team relationship with contractor field leadership and management for assigned scopes of work to help the project succeed.
• Relentlessly pursue successful achievement of assigned major milestones.
• Understand the construction end-state, construction completion sequence options, and construction schedule by specified area, commodity, system, and milestone.
• Identify, pursue, and take advantage of opportunities to improve construction and project performance.
• Manage value and seek to optimize the balance between cost and schedule performance.
• Provide leadership in solving problems and establishing priorities for construction.
• Communicate facts, required actions, trends, recommendations, questions, and advice to constituents to inform and influence project decision-makers and help establish priorities for the project.
• Record and document areas where contractors are not meeting performance requirements to identify opportunities for cost recovery from errors, performance gaps and inefficiencies.
• Observe and recommend optimize contractor resource allocations.
• Analyze project information to inform and influence project leaders and project outcomes.
o Define problems
o Determine significance
o Determine urgency
o Determine risks
o Offer solutions and coordinate efforts to achieve successful outcomes
Does this assignment have any physical requirements?
• The assignment will require extended walking on pathways and hard/uneven surfaces, climbing stairs, periodic need to access elevated scaffolds, and work in an active construction environment.
Does this position require unescorted access to the protected area of a nuclear plant?
Not currently, but it will in the near future.
Estimated Start Date: 01/31/2022
Estimated Duration of Work Assignment (should not exceed 1 year): 6 months.