[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Seeking Mechanical/Piping Field Engineer at Vogtle Plant in Waynesboro, GA
1 Year Project, Per Diem Offered
The Construction Mechanical/Piping Field Engineer is responsible for activities relating to construction engineering within the mechanical discipline. Duties include interpreting mechanical design drawings and specifications, equipment installation, mechanical leak testing and cleaning/flushing, field verification of materials, and technical direction to field mechanical personnel as required. This position is not considered the design authority for the project, but only to enforce electrical construction per design.
This position may be required to work a schedule of rotating shifts including nights, weekends, or holidays.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical discipline from an accredited university as well as a minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience. In lieu of degree, must have 12 years of relevant experience.
· Must be physically able to conduct field inspections and participate in project walk-downs which may require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, using fall protection and other personal protective equipment (PPE), walking on elevated platforms, walking on uneven surfaces, and maneuvering around very small and/or confined spaces.
· Must possess legal right to work in the US.
· Must be able to pass nuclear security screening requirements and be able to obtain and maintain unescorted access to a nuclear power facility.
· Must be computer-literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
· Must be familiar with current industry quality standards.
· Working knowledge of the mechanical and piping construction operations.
· Demonstrated commitment to Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H).
· Demonstrated commitment to a Zero Accident safety program.
· Working knowledge with ASME NQA-1 1994, 2008 and Addendum 2009.
· Working knowledge of ASME B31 family of codes.
· Intermediate to advanced experience in field engineering activities of nuclear power and non-reactor nuclear facility EPC projects.