[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
if interested send updated resume - firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration- 8 months
ON SITE WORK
Location- Tullahoma, TN
This Structural Design Engineer will work with a multi-discipline design team (including engineers, drafters, checkers, etc.) to review vendor provided conceptual and detailed design, and originate complete design packages. This will include development of detailed drawings, analysis reports, and specifications, as well as communicating the details of these design packages to the remaining project team (engineers, project managers, craft supervisors, etc.).
This Engineer will independently perform straightforward to complex design and analysis tasks, check design packages, participate in or lead design reviews, and mentor/oversee early career engineers.
Some specific tasks associated with this type of work include (this is not an exhaustive list):
• Originate and check structural engineering deliverables, such as steel and concrete calculations, specifications, and material requisitions.
• Review and coordinate technical documents with/from other engineering disciplines, procurement, and construction.
• Prepare technical reports related to specific design issues.
• Manage specifically assigned project activities.
• Assist in constructability reviews.
• Act as a mentor or coach for subordinate engineers and designers.
• Review vendor design deliverables to ensure contract requirements are met.
• Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of cost estimates and quantity take-offs.
• Provide engineering support to the appropriate craft workforce to facilitate maintenance and repair of existing systems.
• It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• B.S. degree in civil or mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university plus 5 – 7 years of progressive and relevant experience in structural design.
• Current United States citizenship is required.
• Technical knowledge of engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering methods and construction methods and materials, and application of computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (CAD) tools to engineering problems.
• Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
• Basic skill in oral and written communication.
• Experience in leading structural design activities and interfacing within a broader multiple discipline project team
• Thorough knowledge and application of the AISC, ASCE and IBC codes
• Proficient in the use of structural analysis software such as GTSTRUDL, ANSYS or STAAD.pro
• Active Professional Engineer registration in TN.
• Holds an active security clearance or has held a prior security clearance