[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
1239-Kennedy Space Center, FL $90-100
The candidate must have Tekla experience.
Plans and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application, and adaptation of design on a project. Knows applicable industry standards and codes, accepted design practices, and quality standards for a global business unit.
For salary grade determination, see Addendum.
A. Supervision Received
 Receives operational supervision and technical guidance from a senior Supervising Designer, an Engineering Supervisor, or a Layout Supervisor.
B. Supervision Exercised
 None: Provides operational direction and technical guidance to subordinate designer and drafter personnel as directed.
 Establishes and maintains communication with design and engineering supervisors in charge of related disciplines and with administrative personnel within the group or project. Consults with equipment suppliers, technical specialists, and client representatives as directed to provide and receive technical information.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Directly performs or administers work of designers and drafters of a design group for a business line technology. This work includes the preparation of layouts, study drawings, detailed 2-D and 3-D Computer-Aided Design (CAD) design models, and construction drawings.
2. Prepares or assists with the preparation of assigned material requisitions and bid evaluations.
3. Monitors and checks work for compliance with approved design standards to provide quality design, reliable/safe plant operation, and construction economy.
4. Prepares design and drafting procedures to standardize design effort.
5. Coordinates or makes job site visits, as required, to resolve problems and interpret drawings and documents.
6. Reviews or defines engineering scope changes, as required, for project management.
7. Endorses or prepares reports of work progress, as required, for project and discipline use.
8. Maintains up-to-date skills in Bechtel Standard Computer Applications (BSAPs) relevant to design work and ensures that maximum use is made thereof.
9. Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Tekla experience for modeling and steel detailing is required
Knowledge of the application of engineering and construction materials related to the discipline’s design responsibilities.
Knowledge of Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), industry and regulatory standards, design criteria, and codes relevant to the discipline.
Knowledge of discipline Design Guides, mathematical formulae, and design calculations used in the discipline.
Knowledge of technical responsibilities of other groups associated with the total design effort.
Knowledge of procedures used for the procurement and quantity control of bulk materials applicable to the discipline.
Knowledge of BSAPs applicable to the specific discipline work.
The above is normally acquired through:
 Specialized courses in drafting, design and engineering practices, and CAD, OR
 A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, AND
 Extensive experience in design and drafting.
Supports the development of work plans and schedules for the assigned work including an estimate of material quantities, design deliverables, and staffing needs to meet the project milestones.
Participates in the operations of a medium-size design group in a particular discipline.
Requires a broad knowledge of design and drafting techniques, engineering drawings, drawing checking, graphic arts, 2-D and 3-D CAD, reading of drawings, and reproduction methods used by the discipline.