[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Construction Manager (Project Manager 4) opportunity for our customer in Los Alamos, NM to support the Los Alamos National Laboratory.
Per Diem for those who qualify
Location: 100% On Site at TA-55
Seven (7) positions available
The Project Manager will serve as a Construction Manager and will be responsible for the successful completion of all activities related to the construction of assigned Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) projects as a member of the Capital Projects Construction Management Division. Construction Managers play an integral role in the formulation and adherence to construction policies and programs for assigned projects. In addition, as a CM, you will contribute to the overall administration and technical direction, coordination, and direct line responsibilities for ﬁeld construction, including maintaining and ensuring safety and security training, compliance, and makes safety and security an integral part of every task; including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Reviews project construction estimates, budgets, forecasts, schedules, and costs for acceptability. Also reviews speciﬁcations and drawings for economic constructability.
• Participates in the resolution of problems involving staﬃng, material delivery, and contract/subcontract administration.
• Coordinates with Project Management, Design Engineering, Procurement, Project Controls and other functional departments and personnel in establishing and maintaining priorities to ensure the success of the project.
• Identiﬁes issues for the Manager of Construction to ensure the success of the project.
• Provides counseling, guidance and direction to Site Managers to facilitate the successful execution of the construction project.
• Participates in the development and/or review of operations controls, such as project procedures.
• Participates in proposal preparation, project planning, and scheduling by furnishing expertise on construction methods, equipment, labor, productivity guidelines, estimates of distributable expenses and labor rates.
• Reviews and approves preliminary estimates and project schedules as assigned.
• Participates in project engineering, construction review management project review meetings where approval of proposed construction budgets and schedules are required.
• Monitors distributable expenses in the ﬁeld.
• Staﬀs construction project site teams and monitors construction personnel performance, quality and technical adequacy.
• Ensures that the appropriate ﬁeld procedures are in place and being adhered to.
• Concurs with the selection of the appropriate construction controls for the project from the generic project control system.
• Provides periodic reports regarding construction operations to the Manager of Construction
• Ensures that appropriate project training programs are identiﬁed and implemented.
• Fosters a mutually respectful work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
May serve as a Control Account Manager (CAM) responsible for planning, budgeting, managing and controlling costs and schedule performance for a project or subproject and serve as a point of contact for project controls, including account scope, schedule, budget and technical performance. Ensure work packages realistically represent the duration and budget necessary to perform work and perform variance analysis reviews, determine cause and eﬀect of schedule or cost variance and deﬁne achievable corrective action plans. May be expected to present project management performance plans, status updates, trends, or issues to federal sponsors.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum 20 years' experience.
• Ability to obtain a DOE Q clearance, Candidates with an active DOE Q clearance preferred.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the applications steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.