[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Principal I&C Design Engineer with the following qualifications:
Short term contract 5-7 months duration
MUST BE U.S. Citizen
Provide design engineering staff augmentation support to SRNS. Primary responsibilities include engineering analysis, walkdowns, design development and generation of design output documents including but not limited to: P&IDs; Control Logics; Loop Diagrams; Instrument Indices; Setpoint Lists; Instrument and Control Valve Specifications; DCS and PLC Design; Instrument Location and Installation Design; Panel Layouts; and Vendor Document Review.
Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
* BS Degree in one of the following disciplines: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, I&C Engineering or current registration as a Professional Engineer in one of the above disciplines.
* Will consider five (5) years of related design experience (in addition to the required 10 years design experience) as an equivalent to the education or registration requirements.
Experience/Skills(8 Qualification records)
* Experience with 2D CADD
* Previous SRS Design Engineering or DOE facility experience (Preferred)
* 10 years of direct I&C design experience (within the last 15 years) in the nuclear or process chemical industry
* Design experience with process control instrumentation
* Design experience with PLCs
* Design experience with distributed control systems.
* Design experience with tank liquid level measurement technology.
* Candidate must be able to perform field walk downs as needed of the job site for the engineering work being performed. These walk downs may involve construction sites with uneven surfaces and work in progress, walking for distances of over half a mile, and climbing of ladders to access remote areas.
A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and a 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS holidays. Each workday has a 30-minute unpaid lunch.
Area Security Access:
No DOE clearance is required to perform assigned duties
Estimated duration: one (5) month (800 S/T AND 80 0/T) period with two (1) month (160 S/T hrs and 40 O/T hrs) options
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.