[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Seeking a Safety Professional on a full-time basis to serve at the Nuclear Station in NC. The individual will not only be responsible for safety of the MPO group but the safety of everyone on the site. To that end, we're seeking an experienced Safety Professional who can evaluate the safety protocols followed on various job sites, organize safety training for employees and report problems to management. The ideal candidate will have experience in the nuclear construction industry and the safety issues inherent to construction sites. The job includes significant field work (50%). The selected individual must have reliable transportation and a flexible schedule. The job may require the individual to climb ladders. Responsibilities include MPO preparation for Projects Readiness Reviews inclusive of outage safety plans.
Safety Professional Skills
• Bachelor's degree preferred (preferably in environmental health and safety) or experience in lieu of a degree
• 6+ years' experience in the nuclear industry inclusive of successful completion of the Nuclear Background Assessment and badging requirements.
• Knowledge of OSHA 10 & OSHA 30 and EPA standards with regard to nuclear
• Ability to train, influence and motivate team members
• Some travel required (10 to 15 percent)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and technical writing
• Communicate/Interact effectively with all levels of the Organization.
• Evaluate new or innovative tooling or processes to reduce safety risks
Approximate duration: +/- 12 months
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org