[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Need of 6
The individual will perform design engineering work for Mechanical projects within the engineering organization. Current qualification at a nuclear utility as a Modification Engineer under an INPO Accredited Program and knowledge of Consolidated Asset Suite for design and work order task development is highly desirable. Individual will be required to obtain qualifications for a Modification Engineer, Design Verification, and Calculation Preparer prior to working independently. Selected individual will act as the Lead Technical and/or Responsible Engineer for preparing Engineering Change (EC) Packages for assigned projects and in a support capacity on other projects. Individual will field follow implementation, develop EC revisions, complete post modification testing, and turnover of design products. Implementation follows a site schedule and the individual may be required to support project schedules during off-normal hours.
Responsibilities will include design package development, developing conceptual designs, scoping studies, and specifications for bidding purposes, evaluating alternative solutions, providing technical support during implementation, coordinating design efforts with selected vendors, and conducting owner’s reviews for outsourced technical products. Anything from a complete redesign of mechanical systems and components to component evaluations and system performance enhancements can be expected. Individual will be required to qualify in the necessary duty areas to act independently as a Responsible Engineer for modifications within the client with past qualifications and product demonstration from other utilities as an acceptable alternative. Lastly, the individual will be expected to exhibit sound technical judgment and guidance to the engineering and implementation team from project conceptualization to closeout.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or equivalent BS degree with relevant work experience.
• 10+ years engineering experience in the nuclear industry with experience in Mechanical Design Modification preparation.
• Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access to a nuclear facility (General Employee Training, Radiation Worker Training, Security Clearance checks and subject to the site’s Fitness for Duty Program)
• Strong oral / written communication skills within a professional environment
• Skilled in the practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Registration/Licensure as a Professional Engineer
• Mechanical engineering experience at a Nuclear Plant
• Experience in the 10CFR50.59 with respect to designing modifications to a nuclear facility.
• Workers at this level solve more complex problems in engineering areas of specialization with limited supervision. Workers are expected to develop advanced skills and the ability to work with even greater independence. They effectively apply fundamental concepts and procedures to work that is progressingly complex and varied.
• +15 years discipline experience and unique SME skills.