[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Pipe Support Engineer
U.S. Citizenship is required
• Work with Resident Engineering group to review/come up with solutions to Pipe Support Installation issues.
• Perform Pipe Support calculations/checking and modeling in Smart 3D as related to field change requests.
• Coordinate pipe support design activities in a 3D model environment with piping engineers/designers, pipe stress engineers, structural engineers/designers, pipe support engineers and construction personnel.
• Review pipe stress analysis, pipe support design calculations and related safety/hazards evaluations.
• Coordinate closely with pipe support/stress engineers and other technical disciplines in planning and executing work as an integrated team.
• Understand the USDOE regulatory requirements and industry practices for nuclear facilities, including seismic design requirements and standards. Should also be knowledgeable with the ASME B31.3 piping code and have experience with piping specifications, piping material procurements and 3D environment/database.
Qualifications and Skills:
• BS degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 9 years of related experience. In lieu of degree, 15 years of of relevant experience is required
• Must be a US citizen
• Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment, education and travel.
• Must be able to obtain a site security badge for access to work site
• Prior experience using structural analysis programs such ME150 (FAPPS), STAAD or GTStrudl
• EIT certification or PE registration
• Prior experience using GTStrudl
• Previous UPF project experience
Previous DOD or DOE project experience
Prior experience using structural analysis programs
Prior experience with 3D modeling of pipe supports
Johnson Service Group, Inc. (JSG) is a North American leader in the staffing and consulting services industry, with over 35 years of experience investing in people and companies.
**Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.