[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SRNS is looking Network Architect for who can serve as the Subject Matter Expert for existing networks, planned upgrades, and the design of new systems across the Process Controls & Automation Engineering projects at SRS. The Network Architect will need to demonstrate a high level of competency in the planning, implementation, and migration experience for deploying IT network solutions. Candidates should also be highly motivated, eager to learn new technologies, be able to react to rapidly changing conditions while maintaining their professionalism, and possess strong communication skills – both written and verbal – in order to build strong and trusting customer relationships.
• Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
• Design, implement, test, and support all computer and information networks.
• Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning.
• Install hardware such as cables, firewalls, switches, and routers.
• Develop technology roadmaps.
• Familiarization with manual and automated network management and configuration tools.
• Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects.
• Manage technology vendors.
• Write functional requirements/specifications documents.
• Generate bill of materials.
• Write statements of work.
• Assess vendor development/test strategies.
• Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
• Upgrade network hardware and software components as required.
• Verifies the stability, interoperability, portability, security, and scalability of system architecture.
• Maintain a working knowledge of emerging trends in the Networking industry.
• Provide Mentoring to personnel.
Define scope of technical programs and develop effective and efficient solutions to challenges which involve unique or controversial problems. Routinely use systems and meet all requirements with little supervisory guidance. Assist in teaching newer professionals and guiding their efforts.
Incorporate conventional engineering or scientific practices and a variety of complex features such as complicated technical requirements, application of new or special materials or processes and difficult coordination or oversight requirements into problem solving and program planning where only general objectives are stated.
Coordinate various phases of the activity and perform development work in assigned field.
Define specific problems based on general problem information from management and customers.
Plan technical effort and coordinate activities with those of other divisions, departments and sections in focuses areas to solve problems.
Ensure compliance with technical requirements of assigned work, proper utilization and training of personnel operating under one's technical guidance, and compliance with approved schedules and staffing estimates.
Ensures appropriate technical performance of the end product developed and designed to resolve the original problem.
Determine scheduling and staffing requirements for assigned tasks, in collaboration with management.
Demonstrate cost and schedule consciousness through timely completion of assigned tasks and projects.
Communicate results and objectives verbally and in manuscript form to customers, colleagues, and management.
Enhance expertise in field through participation in local technical societies.
Demonstrate creative ability through medium of patent disclosures, problem solving, engineering reports, technical papers, and articles.