[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks a motivated Capital Projects 1 each - Sr Electrical Engineer 2 and 4 to contribute to our mission supporting our work at LANL TRIAD.
Los Alamos, NM
The period of performance shall be for a period of not less than one year from award of this agreement. Travel and Per diem are available for those that qualify. Available for full period of performance on site
Contribute to a dynamic team of facility engineering professionals that provide engineering solutions across a wide variety of buildings at one of the most important research facilities in the world. Los Alamos National Laboratory is looking for enthusiastic engineers with an interest in building systems and infrastructure to work in the Engineering Services – Engineering Project Delivery (ES-EPD) group.
Top 3 technical skills desired
• Power engineering, Low voltage
• Strong commitment to customer
• Technical Soundness
• Able to meet deadlines
• Expert knowledge of Engineering principles and procedures, design guides, appropriate standards, and administrative practices.
• Demonstrated expert design experience in nuclear, accelerator or industrial facility operations.
• Demonstrated expert ability in preparing calculations, applications of engineering methods, and application of technology aided engineering tools to facility and operations-based engineering problems.
• Broad knowledge of industry, regulatory, or Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration (DOE/NNSA) complex codes, standards, and criteria pertinent to the particular engineering discipline.
• Demonstrated expert knowledge of engineering work planning, budgeting, and design coordination.
• Demonstrated ability in coaching, and mentoring of early career engineers
• Perform work in accordance with the Conduct of Engineering (CoE) and applicable Federal, State, and Laboratory codes and standards.
• Effectively communicate engineering solutions, both verbally and in writing, for management, customers, peers, and craft personnel.
• Represent the design agency through interface and coordination with other engineering disciplines and the customer’s representative during design and construction.
• Obtain, evaluate, and compare equipment selections from manufacturer’s representatives.
• Expert knowledge of engineering maintenance techniques and construction methodologies.
• Expert knowledge of project and process engineering practices.
• Professional Engineering License
• Ability to produce designs utilizing AutoCAD tools and work processes.
EE 2 -Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited college with 5 years experience
EE 4 -Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited college with 10 years experience
Q Clearance preferred but not required. Must be able to qualify for an award of a DOE clearance
SALARY AND BENEFITS
As an L&A employee, you will be eligible for a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare (medical and dental), 401K plan, and paid time off. We believe in investing in our employees beyond compensation and as an L&A employee, you will have access to in-house training, career pathing, mentoring, award programs, tuition reimbursement and much more.
L&A is a woman-owned small business and trusted partner enabling critical missions across the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) complex for more than 30 years. We contribute to DOE’s nuclear security and environmental remediation enterprise by providing the highest-caliber staff and experts.
L&A is unconditionally committed to mission success and the well-being of employees, the nation, and the environment. Our team members are passionate about building a healthier environment for generations to come. We are a community that interfaces and effectively communicates with all levels of management and government. If you have a passion for excellence, seek opportunities to engage in mission critical work, and consistently exceed expectations, apply now to join our professional family.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.