[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Structural Analyst with the following qualifications:
1. Conceptual Core Car Platform Design
Develop a conceptual design for a platform that will be positioned in the CPP-666 basin Unloading Pool #1 (UP#1). The platform will be designed and analyzed to accommodate and seismically restrain the Removal and Shipping Container (RSC) and the associated Core Car processing equipment. The Core Car Work Platform will be used to structurally anchor and accommodate the equipment used to reorient, disassemble, and package the Core Car.
The Platform will:
• Interface with the Core Car laydown system, cutting station, fuel retrieval equipment, and will secure the RSC and Core Car in a design basis earthquake. (performance category 2, and all other load combinations)
• Be installed dry into UP#1 and have lift points to interface with CPP-666 basin cranes.
• Be capable of absorbing impact energy from a potential drop of Core Car.
• Support a load of approximately 75,000 lbs.
• Meet structural design per STD-173.
• Be constructed of stainless steel (current expectation).
• Not be anchored in any way that would damage the basin liner – may utilize existing embeds.
Provide a design agent to perform this work in parallel with IEC design personnel to establish equipment and facility interfaces. The scope does not include technical checking, as currently IEC will provide technical checking and Independent Peer Review roles. Otherwise, a revision to this EWR would address changes in scope to include technical checking and/or IPR roles.
2. Preliminary/Intermediate Core Car Platform Design and Analysis
Continue with conceptual design, into further design development with interfacing equipment and work with design engineers to achieve DRAFT EDF and drawings. Consider this to be an approximate 90% completion. It may occur at this stage that design & analysis support of interfacing components may be required. The project will develop formal Technical and Function Requirements (T&FRs) at this stage.
3. Final Core Car Platform Design and Analysis
Continue from 90% to perform final calculations and model run from design freeze to develop final EDF and design drawings to comply with T&FRs.
Additional Project Details:
Execution of this work may be affected by changes in schedules. This design and analysis interfaces with many pieces of equipment currently in varying stages of design and arrangement. Conceptual is done to 75,000 lbs, but preliminary-to-final design stage could require an adjustment to this number. Additional complications with the design and analysis are the interfaces with equipment and the basin structure. Methodology to satisfy Independent Peer Review at the tail end of preliminary stages must be established within analysis personnel to ensure interfaces agree (i.e., method, force, reactions, etc.)
Conceptual design including visual representations. Provide multiple options for discussion in conceptual design meetings, informal calculation may be provided for scoping/sizing. Conceptual design August 1 – September 22, 2022. (Estimating 200 hours)
Preliminary through final design include EDF documenting analysis and methodology for structural code compliance, drawings, to run to FY2023. (Estimating one FTE for FY2023).
* Preference will be given to the candidate of the work beyond conceptual with an active DOE sponsored L clearance.
* Preference to have Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Idaho.
Duration: Award through 09/30/2023 with possible extension(s)
Location: Idaho Falls, ID - Remote work is possible.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.