[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Our client is seeking a Project Developer III to work within their company located in Richland, WA for a 1 year assignment.
Manage the development of new applied technology and power management projects of varying types as assigned. Create resource solutions for public power utilities and implement project plans from the early feasibility phase through the construction phase. Project size will vary, with typical development and construction budgets ranging from a few million dollars for small renewable projects to hundreds of millions for large conventional projects.
• Project Management for all phases of development for new applied technology and power management projects, including identifying needs and opportunities; preparation of proposals and term sheets; formation and leadership of project teams; hiring and managing of outside technical and environmental consultants; preparation of project development and business plans, strategic plans and budgets, including project pro-formas; identification and development of project sites; obtainment of management, board and regulatory approvals; management of the procurement of major equipment and construction services; arrangement of project financing; coordination with Operations and Maintenance (O&M)/Professional Services for operating cost projections and project transition plans and checklists; and arranging for construction management services.
• Negotiate term sheets, PPA’s and other development agreements with business sector manager support.
• Provide direction and oversight of administrative and technical support assigned to projects.
• Develop and maintain industry liaisons and current expertise for assigned power supply technologies, including attendance and/or participation on industry committees and forums, review of technical journals and periodicals and completion of selected training classes and seminars.
• Must support the biennial refueling outage as designated.
• Prefer experience in non-carbon emitting project development i.e. wind development/repowering, solar development or pump storage.
• Perform financial modeling of investments and assess how they fit within the context of current and future company plans and customer needs.
• Interface with various experts, suppliers, and customers, to refine analyses.
• Stay abreast of current technologies and market participants in the power generation sector. Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge and database of technology pricing, trends, and risks. In addition, maintain active summary of developers in the new generation market along with status of applications for new projects in the interconnection queues.
• Assist and coordinate as necessary due diligence activities associated with the addition of generation resources, including coordination with internal and external subject matter experts, tracking and documenting due diligence materials, and providing summary reports as requested to management.
• Gather information and model customer preferences to assist in the development of new products and services.
• Develop presentations, reports, and other internal and external communication tools to convey the detailed aspects of our plans to audiences across a wide range of backgrounds.
• A Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university and 8 years of experience providing in-depth assistance with program or project management.
• An Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university and 7 years of experience providing in-depth assistance with program or project management.
• Requires High School Diploma/GED and at least 10 years of experience providing in-depth assistance with program or project management.