[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Ovation System Administrator
Duration: 9 – 18 months
Hours: extra overtime hours available and shift work could be required
Position slots: 3
Location: Waynesboro GA, Vogtle Units 3&4
• Experience working with the Ovation platform is required. This includes the ability to navigate displays, navigate control sheets, understand control logic and diagnose point database configuration issues. Ideally the candidate should be extremely comfortable loading software (Points/Sheets/Displays) that have been released from an isolated development platform.
• Experience with typical Ovation administration functions. This includes:
• Troubleshooting hardware (controllers, IO, etc)
• Troubleshooting network equipment (switches, routers, firewalls)
• Performing system administrator functions such as account creation, security configuration
• Troubleshooting Ovation platform issues (database distribution, SPD errors, etc)
• Experience with OVPT and doing a full database wipe (-F) and reload is desirable.
• Rebuilding failed workstations, drops and servers from bare metal equipment.
• Familiarity with PWR based nuclear power plant fluid systems is desired. Experience with the AP1000 design is preferred.
• Previous experience commissioning and starting up a distributed control system.
• Familiarity with the typical instrumentation used in power generation applications.
• Ability to read and interpret P&IDs, functional logic diagrams and other I&C related documents.
• Ability to troubleshoot and isolate issues encountered during plant commissioning activities.
• Ability to communicate clearly with both local and remote team members.
• Ability to work effectively in a high pressure environment with minimal guidance.
• Experience installing, commissioning and troubleshooting Modbus and Profibus-DP is desirable.
Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.