[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Subcontract Administrator 1481
• Acts on own initiative on assigned subcontracts of moderate value and complexity for the planning, formation, bid, evaluation, award, administration, and closeout.
• Analyze the subcontract's general terms and conditions to highlight areas of risk such as ambiguities, conflicts, or deviations from the scope of work. As work proceeds, make recommendations to the Project Subcontracts Manager on the mitigation of these risks; closely monitor and support remedial actions and recommend appropriate tradeoffs.
• Responsible for the appropriate mechanisms to monitor compliance with subcontract terms and conditions.
• Responsible for the development and management of a procedure to recognize and identify subcontract claims as they develop and manage the timely resolution under the change’s provisions wherever possible, obtaining claims and legal expertise as appropriate.
• Prepare written negotiating plans and conducts negotiations as required during the evaluation, award, and administration phase, to include the negotiation of post-award changes.
• Coordinates with designated staff on operational activities affecting contractual rights and obligations, subcontract performance, subcontract administration, and other matters.
• Maintains relationships with bidders and subcontracts personnel to resolve specific project problems, to be aware of current market conditions, and to inform bidders and subcontractors, when necessary, of the overall project requirements.
• Administers routine and moderately complex subcontract change through the development of a written negotiation plan and conducting negotiations with subcontractor personnel to arrive at a fair and reasonable settlement.
• Represents Bechtel in contractual discussions of routine and moderate complexity.
• Administers information programs to ensure mutual understanding of subcontract terms and conditions.
• Prepares periodic status reports for management and client personnel. Assists with various data call from project management.
Qualifications and Skills
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply and Logistics Management, or similar discipline with 3 years of experience in subcontracts, purchasing, procurement, government property, and/or related experience; OR In lieu of a degree, 9 years of experience in subcontracts, purchasing, procurement, government property, and/or related experience. Right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
Minimum Qualifications: Working knowledge of the fixed-price and Time and Material family of technical service type subcontracts with proven experience in change management requirements. Working knowledge of FAR and applicable Agency Supplements with emphasis on construction-type subcontracts. Working understanding of federal contracts and the flow-down and enforcement of applicable clauses and requirements, such as labor laws, environmental laws, safety, security, quality matters.
Preferred Qualifications: Thorough knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations, and applicable Agency Supplements. Specialized courses or experience in pricing, contract law, negotiations, accounting, and subcontract administration with an emphasis on federal contracting.