[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Quality Assurance Specialist 3 (Software Analysis)
Direct / Full Time, Remote (may require occasional trips to the Corvallis, OR corporate offices)
Pay Rate Range: $110,000 - $120,000
POSITION SUMMARY: As a member of the NuScale Quality Assurance team, the Quality Assurance Specialist 3 - Software interfaces with and provides oversight of NuScale organizations performing software-related and other activities affecting quality. The primary focus of this role will include providing quality assurance program development and implementation support with focus on software quality assurance, review of departmental implementing procedures associated with digital instrumentation and control development and design and independent verification and validation activities, as well as providing quality assurance oversight of activities including internal and external surveys, audits, surveillances, and assessments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review safety related design and test documents related to software; define quality requirements for SIL 3 or higher software systems.
• Performs audits of software configuration management, independent validation and verification functions and other related processes and systems.
• Participates in NuScale team activities associated with cyber security and other software quality assurance related activities.
• Develops, evaluates, and maintains NuScale quality assurance program processes including writing instructions, procedures, and other requirement and guidance documents for the quality assurance program.
• Reviews NuScale Level 2 and higher procedures for compliance with the Quality Management Plan (QMP), the Quality Assurance Program Description (QAPD), and the ASME BPVC Section III Nuclear Quality Assurance Manual (NQAM).
• Participates in supplier qualification surveys, implementation audits, and surveillances; internal quality assurance audits, surveillances, and assessments; and causal analyses as assigned.
• Serves as a resource by providing guidance, support in the field of nuclear software quality assurance to NuScale personnel performing activities affecting quality.
• Mentors others in sound approaches and standards in Quality Assurance by providing work direction and/or checking Able to certify as a Lead Auditor within one (1) year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Problem solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and reviews information Uses own judgment and acts independently; seeks input from other team members as appropriate for complex or sensitive situations.
• Oral/written communication: Listens carefully and speaks clearly and professionally in all situations. Edits work for accuracy and clarity, Is able to create, read and interpret complex written information. Ability to develop strong interpersonal networks within the organization.
• Planning/organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities, organizes personal and project timelines and deadlines, tracks project timelines and deadlines, and uses time efficiently.
• Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent interruptions, changes, delays, or unexpected events.
• Dependability: Consistently on time and at work, responds to management expectations and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Team Building: Capable of developing strong interpersonal networks and trust within the Leads consensus by involving all stakeholders, facilitating their understanding of differences, agreeing on requirements and constraints, and developing the best solution.
• Safety Culture: Adheres to the NuScale Safety culture and is expected to model safe behavior and influence peers to meet high standards.
• Quality Assurance: Demonstrates understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
Education/Certification: A minimum of a B.S. or B.A degree is required. BS in Computer Technology, Software Engineering, Instrumentation and Controls or a related discipline preferred. 10+ years of directly applicable experience may be considered in lieu of 4-year degree.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of full-time working experience associated with the development and/or implementation of nuclear quality assurance programs with focus on both digital I&C and analytical and calculations software in accordance with NQA-1 is required. Candidates who have the following experience will receive top consideration:
• Working knowledge of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B with experience in ISO 90003-2004
• Experience in safety-related Instrumentation and Control (I&C) quality oversight highly preferred
• Understanding of waterfall software development lifecycle
• Understanding of the V Model for Verification and Validation and the QA interface within that model
• Experience with performing QA oversight of safety related Instrumentation and Control (I&C) testing
• Understanding of the role of quality assurance in the safety related software development and test cycle
• Experience in performing QA oversight or participation in software-based safety related I&C change control board or other configuration management control boards.
• Familiarity with cyber security assessments (e.g. US Reg Guide 5.71 (NEI 08-09); CSA Z299)
• Experience in software/firmware commercial grade dedication and surveys
• Proficient in hardware and software system independent review and verification and validation testing.
• Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810 and Knowledge of IEEE 1012 (preferably 2004) and software development activities described therein.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Ability to understand and communicate clearly using a phone, personal interaction, and computers.
Ability to learn new job functions and comprehend and understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in a rapidly evolving environment.
The employee frequently is required; to sit and stand; walk; bend, use hands to operate office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to lift ten to fifteen pounds.
Ability to travel nationally and locally using common forms of transportation.
Email Resume to JAL@BCPengineers.com