[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Title: Startup/Power Ascension Engineer
Date Posted: 9/12/2022
Location: Waynesboro, GA
Job Type: Contract Full-Time
Immediate 6-12 months position available in Waynesboro, GA.
Work environment for this assignment:
• Mixed Office/Construction Site
• Engineers would be supporting the Startup/Power Ascension.
• Duties would be similar as an extended (Nuclear Power Plant) outage.
• Engineers will be supporting any troubleshooting/commissioning needs.
• Lead troubleshooting of equipment deficiencies and nonconformances
• Supports Operations and Maintenance in system troubleshooting and recommended course of action for significant or complex plant problems
• Manage design authority priorities to support project schedules
• Interface with on- and off-site vendors to drive completion of corrective actions
• BS in Engineering from an ABET accredited program required
• Minimum of eight (8) years of engineering related experience required
• Worker must be able to obtain and maintain Unescorted Access to a Nuclear Power Plant
• Experience with system/component complex troubleshooting and development of systematic cause analyses highly preferred
• Nuclear Plant Outage experience preferred
• Five (5) years of nuclear plant experience preferred
• Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) license of certification preferred
• Able to balance multiple priorities simultaneously in an organized manner
• Adaptive to change: The assigned scope of work is expected to vary each week. In addition to emergent work request, non-core activities may be assigned for engineers to help drive completion
• Communicates effectively in oral and written applications
• Detailed knowledge of plant procedures and regulations in assigned area
• Detailed knowledge of plant systems and processes
• Working knowledge of computer software programs supporting assigned area
• Employee is expected to work up to 60 hours/week
• Employee is expected to provide Weekend/Night shift coverage as needed
• Employee must be able to walk down the plant, including occasional use of scaffolds/harnesses and confined space entry.