[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
UDR Consulting Inc.is seeking qualified candidates for an Electrical Design Engineer opportunity for our customer in Aiken, SC to support the Savannah River Site.
Electrical Design Engineer
Close Date: 11-07-2022
RFQ Number 634613
Positions Available: 3
US Citizenship Required
Provide design engineering staff augmentation support to SRNS. Primary responsibilities include engineering analysis, construction support, walkdowns, design development and generation of design output documents including but not limited to: Single Line Drawings; Electrical Equipment Lists; Control System Design; Control Schematics and Connection Diagrams; Electrical Equipment Specifications; Bulk Material Specifications; Circuit/Raceway/Wiring/Connection Design; Grounding; Heat Tracing; Fire Detection; Short Circuit Calculations; Arc Flash Incident Energy Analysis; Load Flow Analysis; and Electrical System Sizing Calculations. Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or current registration as a Professional Engineer in Electrical Engineering
• Proficient in using MicroStation 2D Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) software.
• Previous SRS Design Engineering or DOE facility experience
• Possessed an active DOE clearance (“L” or “Q”) within the past two years
• Ten years of design experience (within the last 15 years) in the nuclear or chemical process industry
• Working knowledge of NEC, IES, NFPA, IEEE, and OSHA requirements
• Experience using software (preferably ETAP) to generate electrical system calculations
• Candidate must be able to perform weekly field walk downs of the job site for the engineering work being performed. These walk downs may involve construction sites with uneven surfaces and work in progress, walking for distances of over half a mile, climbing of ladders to access remote areas, dressing out in protective clothing and environments where a respirator is required.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance
• Work Hours:
• A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and a 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS holidays. Each workday has a 30-minute unpaid lunch.
• Security Access:
• The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance. An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. After award, the selected candidate will be notified when to apply for a clearance based on specific work assignments. Candidates who have possessed an active DOE clearance (“L” or “Q”) within the past two years are preferred.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position. Please follow the applications steps via our website. https://udrconsultingincorporated.applytojob.com/apply/
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
UDR Consulting, INC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Woman-Owned, Minority-Owned, Small Disadvantaged Business. An Equal Opportunity Employer supporting a drug-free work environment.
UDR will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!