[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will coordinate activities within the internal and external projects related to the specialized tools and equipment designed by the Refueling and Remote Handling (RnRH) group. The ideal candidate will have technical abilities to understand the details of the work, while at the same time have the skills to plan, organize, and track progress of multiple projects simultaneously. A key aspect of the role will be to interface with multiple groups within the organization such as Engineering, Project Management, and Procurement to ensure that the details of a successful project are in place and tracked.
The RnRH group is responsible for fuel and reactor module handling, including its remote disassembly, inspection, and assembly during reactor refueling. The group interacts with and receives inputs from a variety of teams across the organization. Additionally, there is extensive interaction with the procurement team during procurement of services for outside vendors. The mission of the group is to provide efficient, safe, and reliable tools, equipment and processes that ensure refueling outage performance objectives are achieved.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists in the planning and organization of complex engineering work. Performs innovative and complex assignments on a team dedicated to the development of an engineered product; interprets scope and requirements of projects; develops alternative methods to achieve project goals.
• Prepares, reviews, and organizes project related documents such as schedules, progress reports, and RFIs.
• Supports procurement of activities related to equipment design, fabrication, and testing. Helping to organize the bid reviews with external vendors, and process monthly reports.
• Assists in the planning and organization of complex engineering projects involving external vendors. Assures that action items are tracked, and commitments are met by working closely with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Aids in coordinating innovative and complex engineering assignments on a team dedicated to the development of an engineered product; interprets scope and requirements of projects; develops alternative methods to achieve project goals.
• Performs small technical assignments as directed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
• Education: A minimum of two-year technical associates degree required. A Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Nuclear Engineering from a four-year accredited (ABET preferred) college or university is preferred. A degree or certificate in Project Management is also preferred.
• Experience: A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience. Demonstrated experience required in:
• Planning and organizing equipment design-related project activities to ensure successful execution of the work
• Leading design and/or fabrication projects, interfacing with internal stakeholders across disciplines to accomplish project objectives
• Interacting with external vendors, tracking progress, action items, and issues
• Project Management in the nuclear industry, energy industry, power plant architect/engineering (A/E), power plant engineering procurement construction (EPC), or US Department of Energy nuclear projects.
• Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
CORE COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate competencies in performing the essential functions of this position by performing satisfactorily in each of these competencies.
• Problem solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and reviews information appropriately. Uses own judgment and acts independently; seeks input from other team members as appropriate for complex or sensitive situations.
• Oral/written communication: Listens carefully and speaks clearly and professionally in all situations. Edits work for accuracy and clarity, is able to create, read and interpret complex written information. Ability to develop strong interpersonal networks within the organization.
• Planning/organizing: Assists in the prioritization and planning of work activities, organizes personal and project timelines and deadlines, tracks project timelines and deadlines, and uses time efficiently.
• Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent interruptions, changes, delays, or unexpected events. Willing to be taught the additional knowledge required for the design of remote/automated equipment operating in a nuclear environment.
• Dependability: Accountable to team members and honors work commitments, responds to management expectations and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Team Building: Capable of developing strong interpersonal networks and trust within the organization.
• Safety Culture: Adheres to the Safety culture and is expected to model safe behavior and influence peers to meet high standards.
• Quality Assurance: Demonstrates understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to understand and communicate clearly using a phone, video conferencing, personal interaction, and computers (e-mail and IM).
• Ability to learn new job functions and comprehend and understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in a rapidly evolving environment.
• The employee frequently is required to sit and stand, walk, bend, use hands to operate office equipment, and reach with hands and arms.
• Ability to travel nationally and locally using common forms of transportation.
Disclaimer: Employee(s) must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employee(s) assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees in this classification.
Client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status
COLORADO RESIDENTS ONLY: If you are a Colorado resident and this role is open for remote work, you may be eligible to receive additional information about compensation and benefits for this position, which we will provide upon request.
Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.