[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
• Based on the reactor design lifecycle and needs of the Programs, the PRA Engineer may develop and maintain event and fault trees, in-vessel radiological transport models, containment transport models, and mechanistic radiological release categories for PRA models.
• Work with an interdisciplinary team of engineers to establish core and reactor SSC functional, performance, safety, and quality requirements as well as support the overall design.
• Establish and maintain documentation of model development and analysis results.
• Perform engineering reviews of analyses and other engineering design media.
Key Qualifications and Skills
• Knowledgeable of PRA principles and familiar with the ASME/ANS Non-Light Water PRA standard.
• Knowledgeable of PRA fundamentals in data, human reliability, accident analysis, severe accidents, and source term assessments.
• Experience with developing fault trees and event trees using SAPHIRE or similar tool is required.
• Experience with performing assessments using codes such as GOTHIC, MELCOR, RADTRAD or similar tools is highly desirable.
• Familiarity with nuclear design, regulatory requirements, and risk-informed performance-based technology guidance for Non-Light Water Reactors is required.
• Experience with SFR safety analysis is a plus.
• Demonstrated strong quantitative, analytical, modeling and reporting skills.
• Understanding of NQA-1 requirements associated with analysis and software management as well as experience working under a quality assurance programs.
• Experience in working in multi-disciplinary engineering teams to address engineering challenges.
• The applicant must be willing to eventually relocate to Bellevue, WA area.
• M.S. or Ph.D. in nuclear engineering, or other relevant engineering degree, with at least 5 years of experience in the nuclear field.
• Strong communication skills desired.
• The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
• Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
*Job can be conducted REMOTE
Duration 12 months
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.