home >> nuclear >> job board >> post

[QA Inspector] CMT Techs - DOE

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

ystem One is looking for a Civil Engineering Technician experienced in soil and concrete construction materials testing, for a position at the Savannah River Site near Aiken, SC. Must live local or relocate to the area.

Job Location: Aiken, SC (Savannah River Site)

Job Title: Construction Materials Testing (CMT) Civil Technician

Job Description & Responsibilities:

The Civil Technician reports directly to the Civil Supervisor and will have the following duties and responsibilities as a minimum:
Perform Concrete Field/Lab & Soils Field/Lab material testing in accordance with all applicable AASHTO, ACI, ASTM, NQA-1, and System One procedures.
The Civil Technician must have the flexibility to work rotating shifts and weekends if needed
Pass written examinations for all Civil Testing qualifications.
Assure that all conditions adverse to quality are properly documented and processed in accordance with System One Nonconformance and/or Corrective Actions programs.
Follow all System One & SRS safety procedures and guidelines.
Minimum Qualifications:

At least 2 years of experience in soils and concrete construction materials field testing
Effective English language communication skills (speaking, reading, and writing)
Ability to routinely lift 40 to 50 lbs. (material samples and equipment)
Willingness to work outdoors in varying weather conditions (Company will provide Personal Protective Equipment and inclement weather gear, as appropriate)
Ability to work and maneuver equipment (such as a loaded wheelbarrow) on uneven ground and around active construction sites
Basic competency in Windows, Microsoft Excel, and Outlook
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Qualifications:

5+ years of experience in soils and concrete field testing
Experience in soils, concrete, aggregate, and masonry laboratory testing
Experience testing under an NQA-1 Quality System
Experience calibrating materials testing equipment
Experience in File Maker Pro software
Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel and Word
Certifications through American Concrete Institute (ACI)
Field Testing Grade I
Strength Testing Technician
Aggregate Laboratory Testing Technician (Level 1 or 2)
Aggregate/Soils Base Testing Technician
Certifications through NICET
Construction Materials Testing Asphalt (I, II, III, or IV)
Construction Materials Testing Concrete (I, II, III, or IV)
Construction Materials Testing Soils (I, II, III, or IV)
Compensation & Benefits

System One offers a Credential Incentive Program to assist employees in obtaining additional certifications
Group Health, Dental, & Vision offerings
Paid Holidays
Paid Vacation Time
Life Insurance
Short & Long Term Disability Insurance

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. - All rights reserved.
Use of the Roadtechs.com website implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement and acknowledgment of our Privacy Policy.