[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
• Proficiency in computer aided design (CAD) with demonstrated experience with computer aided drafting applications to originate and produce drawings with minimum supervision. • 3D modeling experience required (S3D preferred).
• Read, interpret, and generate design drawings with minimal input from a member of the engineering staff. Must have the ability to walk down field systems with minimal guidance, interpret field direction, generate minor design details, create new drawings, modify existing drawings, and direct junior drafters.
Education and Experience:
• Must have a minimum of an associate’s degree in a field related to the position and a minimum of 10 years progressive experience in drafting related to Engineering and Construction (nuclear preferred).
• Background and experience must include drafting/ designer experience in engineering fields, such as electrical, mechanical, structural, communications, architectural, fire protection or civil.
• Remote work requests will be evaluated. Onsite preferred.
Additional feedback from the manager –
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative, technical knowledge, and direction as listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor's competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position serves as Design Area Lead on assigned projects and performs 3D layout with moderate to difficult complexity design scope. • Prepare 3D layouts and/or schematics for conceptual and detailed designs of advanced complexity• Conduct reviews of model using 3D review platform and create 3D models of advanced complexity• Check work done by other Designers• Develop estimates, schedules, staffing requirements, progress reports, and key quantities tracking reports• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Knowledge of commercial availability and cost of materials• Knowledge of Intergraph S3D• Knowledge of Intergraph SEL• Practical field experience• Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs