[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for Civil/Structural Engineers with the following qualifications:
The Civil/Structural Engineer is responsible for performing complex technical assignments within the Structural Engineering purview. Civil/Structural Engineer shall coordinate technical and administrative activities in their area of expertise with those of other disciplines and other departments in the company participating in the project.
• Keep Management advised as to status of assignment(s) with respect to schedule, budgets, delays and adverse problems.
• Provide technical assistance and guidance to assigned engineers, architects, scientists, specialists, designers and technicians.
• Assist in the training and evaluation of assigned technical personnel.
• Continually upgrade his/her technical knowledge and capabilities.
• Assure quality, quantity, and completeness of assigned tasks.
• Plan and schedule discipline efforts associated with assignment(s).
• Assure the timeliness and accuracy of oral and written technical reports on assigned discipline activities.
• Maintain proper engineering, architectural, or scientific files and records.
• Perform a variety of other discipline related work, as required.
• Serve as consultant to engineering management, providing advice and counsel on special engineering assignments.
• Assist in new business efforts involving specialized engineering applications. Develop preliminary cost estimates and participates in proposal preparation and presentation.
• Prepare and review project controls, cost estimates, and staffing requirements for projects, forecasts and change orders.
• Provide technical direction and assigns work to subordinate engineers and others who assist on specific assignments. Reviews and checks work.
• Coordinate and monitor the work of unique field engineering activities and of specialized outside consultants. May participate in selection of outside consultants.
• Conduct or lead special studies on economic feasibility, new technologies, methods, or materials.
• Request assistance from senior Engineers, Architects, or Scientists as necessary to comply with the applicable legal requirements on practicing discipline related responsibilities.
• Broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and of principles and practices of related technical areas.
• Knowledge of current industry or regulatory codes and standards and study criteria pertinent to the particular engineering discipline.
• Skill in oral and written communications.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.