[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Duration: 6 + months
Location: Pottstown, PA (per diem and mob/demob available)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Demonstrates mastery of skills and extensive subject matter knowledge in carrying out assignments associated with the analysis, design, development, implementation, evaluation, and modification of plant specific nuclear maintenance and technical training programs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Drives station and personnel performance improvement through the use of training.
• Coordinates, and conducts performance-based maintenance and technical training programs as required by user community in accordance with client's TSD model, department procedures, and with proper application of the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation phases. (45%)
• Assures the training programs are maintained current and incorporate information gained from INPO Significant Operating Experience Reports and NERs, NRC Circulars, Bulletins, and Information Notices, plant design change and backfit information, plant procedure changes and revisions, new regulations, and training effectiveness reports. (10%)
• Prepares trainee examination and conducts trainee evaluations for classroom, laboratory, OJT, and simulator environments, as appropriate and conducts counseling sessions for trainees, evaluates the results, and recommends/develops individualized training programs. (15%)
• Support station and fleet in the areas of business initiatives, project management, refuel outage support, EP duties, and special projects. (10%)
• Participates in NRC, INPO and management audits, and prepares responses to audit findings. (5%)
• Maintains knowledge of plant operations, disciplinary skills and techniques, commensurate with the responsibility to develop and conduct effective, high-quality training. (5%)
• Supervises the collection and maintenance of auditable training records and reports required to document training program activities. (10%)
• Responsible for course/program activities related to assigned subject matter area.
• Provides direction to trainees, subject matter experts, support personnel and vendors/contractors.
• Provides project leadership as assigned.
• Provides functional supervision in training environments in accordance with classroom management standards. Indirectly responsible for significant financial impacts related to course/program validity and subsequent plant/employee.
• 5+ years previous technical or apprenticed craft experience OR
• 10+ years of related industry experience
• 3+ years of technical or apprentice craft background
• High School diploma or equivalent
• AS/AA in science/engineering
• 5+ years of commercial nuclear power plant training experience
• 5+ years of technical or apprentice craft background
Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status