[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
About the Organization
E2 Consulting Engineers, Inc. (E2) is a professional services firm established in 1988 specializing in a full spectrum of engineering services including, project engineering and design, federal base operations and infrastructure support services, gas pipeline construction and inspection services, environmental consulting and remediation, and information technology services. At E2, we value safety, innovation and collaboration, and we are dedicated to excellence.
As a Construction Field Engineer, this individual works directly for the Associate Project Manager and Cognizant Engineer (COG) in directing the safe installation of assigned NSTX-U Recovery field modifications in accordance with established designs and PPPL procedures.
• Reviews, and on a case-by-case basis, prepares modification documents (e.g., installation procedures).
• Along with the assigned COG, leads procedure walk-throughs and pre-job briefings to ensure the objectives of these interventions are met.
• Supervises detailed planning activities to ensure required prerequisites (e.g., procedures, JHAs, parts, special tools, M&TE) are satisfied and work is started, as scheduled.
• Supervises installation of NSTX-U modifications and through direct observation and ensures that:
o JHA and safety rules are being followed
o Modifications are being installed in accordance with procedures, drawings and specifications
o Work is progressing on schedule.
• Identifies and takes or prompts timely action to correct adverse safety, quality and performance observations.
• Interfaces and coordinates with support organizations (e.g., engineering, QA/QC, ESH, PPPL fabrication shop).
• Initiates and coordinates needed procedure and drawing changes with the COG to keep work progressing in the field.
• Along with the assigned COG, directs post-modification inspections and tests.
• BS degree in electrical engineering
• 15 years + experience with supervising and directing electrical, instrumentation and control system installations and modifications in construction, operations, maintenance, outages at commercial nuclear power plants or Department of Energy national laboratories or equivalent, highly regulated work environments.• Strong written communications skills including the preparation of technical procedures
• Ability to work under highly disciplined controls and stringent safety environments
• Strong leadership skills with ability to understand written, detailed work instructions
• Ability to communicate with supervisor, co-workers and front-line workers
OSHA 30 Hour (preferred)
E2 Consulting Engineers, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Onsite work, with shift and weekend work possible.
• No medical restrictions on performing physically demanding work, including lifting up to 50 pounds
• No medical restriction working near static magnetic fields
• Capable of climbing ladders and working at heights from scaffolding, platforms and powered aerial lifts
Drug Free Workplace
E2 Consulting Engineers, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace. After accepting an offer of employment, applicants may be required to undergo background checks, drug testing, and/or fit-for-duty physical examination. Drug screens will include, but not be limited to, Amphetamines, Cocaine Metabolites, Marijuana Metabolites (THC), Opiates, and Phencyclidine (PCP). As a federal contractor, E2 cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician.
Please no solicitation of any kind from agencies, staffing, or recruiting firms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.