[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
***FIVE YEAR CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY – HYBRID WORK SCHEDULE – LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED***
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) develops advanced naval nuclear propulsion technology for the safety and reliability of our Navy's submarine and aircraft fleet. The Kesselring Site (KS) is located in West Milton, New York, and is one of five locations operated by NNL. The Kesselring Site's primary objective is to deliver highly trained Sailors to the fleet in support of our country's defense and security. The site consists of multiple buildings, structures, and systems that are utilized to meet the mission of supporting the United States Nuclear Fleet.
Facilities Engineering is seeking a fire protection engineer to work in an autonomous teaming environment and provide timely, high quality, customer serviced based engineering solutions to challenging problems. Our Facility Engineering Team supports the operation, maintenance, renovation, and new construction of facilities & infrastructure at our site which include projects such as office buildings, laboratories, test facilities, prototype support, and site infrastructure. The Kesselring Site Fire Protection team is in the process of developing Fire Hazard Analysis and Facility Assessments for many of the buildings on site and is seeking a fire protection engineer to support this task.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bachelor of Science or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university.
• Demonstrated Engineering Experience of increasing responsibility or Masters degree and engineering experience
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal, teaming skills, and the ability to coordinate multi-discipline teams
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• BS degree in Fire Protection engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of eight years of relevant experience.
• MS degree in engineering or Master's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of six years of relevant experience.
• Minimum four years of progressive engineering practice, three of which were in responsible charge of diverse fire protection engineering work.
• Experience with the design and maintenance of fire protection systems including alarm and detection, water-based and gaseous suppression systems, fire and life safety code reviews, and fire hazard analysis.
• Working knowledge of the Building Code set for New York State and associated reference standards
• Working knowledge with NFPA standards
• Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification or Professional Engineer (PE) registration
Please submit your resume for review or contact me or more information.
Direct Email: firstname.lastname@example.org