[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Our client is seeking a Project Design to work within their facilities located in Richland, WA for a long-term assignment.
• Plan and prepare designs, including layouts, sketches, and drawings involving a high degree of difficulty and complexity under the technical guidance and leadership of others.
• Reviews work packages of peers to ensure that designs are technically complete and that all affected design data base documentation has been properly revised.
• Ensures conformance with engineering direction, specifications, design criteria, and design standards in all work performed.
• Establishes and maintains working interfaces with design teams in other disciplines and with other organizations to foster cooperation and team building, and to ensure that customer/supplier alignments are established and maintained
• Performs diverse tasks and leadership assignments primarily engaged in preparing and checking design changes to nuclear plant structures, systems, and components.
• Advanced knowledge of the basis of design in a chosen design discipline. Working knowledge of interfacing disciplines including nuclear plant maintenance and operations, regulations and standards controlling nuclear plant design and documentation, task estimating, and scheduling techniques.
• Highly developed design ability to provide the foundation from which to direct and control the solution of the most complex design problems. Interpersonal skills to deal effectively with personnel communications of both technical and administrative natures. Leadership ability to deal effectively with personnel development, disciplinary and work control matters.
• The incumbent must have the ability to understand and apply and model the Energy Northwest Core Values (Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Mutual Respect and Trust through open and honest communication).
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Proficiency in various software systems: including Asset Suite, PeopleSoft, Excel, Outlook & Power point.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in a technical field and 8 years of highly technical design experience sufficient to provide working knowledge of nuclear plant system, structure, and component documentation, design, and controlling standards and regulations; OR a high school diploma or GED and 12 years of highly technical design experience sufficient to provide working knowledge of nuclear plant system, structure, and component documentation, design, and controlling standards and regulations.
Desired Education and Experience
Proficiency in both Instrument and Controls and Electrical design specifically at commercial nuclear power plants. 8+ Years in related field. CADD Desired not required.