home >> nuclear >> job board >> post

[Instrumentation Engineer] I&C Design Engineers - Support The Savannah River Site NNSA Capital Projects, Aiken, SC - rates up to $100 hr & GSA per diem (5 positions)

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

I&C Design Engineer - Deadline 12.08.2022
US Citizenship Required - 5 positions
Support The Savannah River Site NNSA Capital Projects, Aiken, SC
Competitive Rates and available GSA per diem
TOPR 644475, 644508, 644538, 644658, 644741 / contract: 1 year w/ 1 option year
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to provide design engineering support to the Savannah River Plutonium Processing Facility (SRPPF) project and other NNSA projects as a Design Engineering Integrator. The primary responsibilities include oversite of architectural and engineering (A&E) firms, preparation of new designs, and modifications to existing instrumentation and controls (I&C) equipment and associated systems.
Engineering analysis
Construction site walkdowns must be able to perform weekly field walk-downs of the job site for the engineering work being performed. These walk-downs may involve construction sites with uneven surfaces and work in progress, walking for over half a mile, climbing ladders to access remote areas, dressing out in protective clothing, and environments where a respirator is required.
Design development and generation of design output documents including but not limited to: P&IDs; Control Logics; Loop Diagrams; Instrument Indices; Setpoint Lists; Instrument and Control Valve Specifications; DCS and PLC Design, Safety integration level documentation
Instrument Location and Installation Design
Panel Layouts; and Vendor Document Review
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Experience:
BS Degree in one of the following disciplines: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, I&C Engineering, or current registration as a Professional Engineer in one of the above disciplines. Will consider five (5) years of related design experience (in addition to the required 10 years of design experience) as an equivalent to the education or registration requirements.
Must be able to perform weekly field walk-downs of the job site for the engineering work being performed
Demonstrate ten (10) years of direct I&C design experience (within the last 15 years) in the nuclear or process chemical industry.
Demonstrate design experience with process control instrumentation, PLCs, and distributed control systems. Experience with 2D Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) is required.
Previous SRS Design Engineering or DOE facility experience is preferred
An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Subcontract personnel must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE "Q" security clearance.

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. - All rights reserved.
Use of the Roadtechs.com website implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement and acknowledgment of our Privacy Policy.