[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Licensing Engineer with the following qualifications:
The Senior Licensing/Project Engineer provides senior level licensing support and direction for complex regulatory licensing action requests/submittals while ensuring compliance with nuclear safety and licensing requirements. Based on analysis of applicable technical and regulatory information, the Senior Licensing/Project Engineer develops effective regulatory/licensing strategy, scope, and method of presentation to be reflected in assigned license application documents. Upon approval of recommendation(s) by the Senior Licensing Lead, the Senior Licensing/Project Engineer independently prepares timely and high-quality license application submittals to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Department of Energy (DOE), and/or other regulatory agencies with infrequent or no supervision.
The Senior Licensing/Project Engineer interfaces with the Senior Licensing Lead and cross-disciplinary functional groups within the Company and its subcontractors on assigned activities. The Senior Licensing/Project Engineer also provides licensing support if/as needed to internal engineering and project management resources to address questions on regulatory and licensing topics.
The successful candidate will:
• Prepare and validate documents/submittals supporting a license application under 10 CFR 50 and/or 10 CFR 52 as assigned by the Senior Licensing Lead.
• Ensure that licensing work products are complete, accurate, and in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, guidance, industry codes and standards; and project licensing strategy, procedures, guidance, and commitments.
• Support the resolution of complex issues and processes to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements for assigned activities.
• Provide direction and technical regulatory guidance to cross-functional team members for complex issues to resolve licensing strategy, implementation, or interpretation issues.
• Coordinate and support interface with clients and provide support to clients as directed.
• Support interactions with industry groups (e.g., NEI, EPRI etc.) as directed by the responsible Senior Licensing Lead.
• Education/Certification: A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Mathematics, or Applied Science is required. Advanced degree preferred.
• Experience: A minimum of ten years’ (or eight years with an advanced degree) licensing experience in the U.S. commercial nuclear industry at nuclear power plants, nuclear reactor suppliers, or nuclear industry architect-engineering firms is required. Experience must include: (1) demonstrated ability to develop and implement an effective licensing strategy based on applicable Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements and guidance; (2) preparation of nuclear facility licensing basis documents and license action requests (under 10 CFR 50 and/or 10 CFR 52) for submittal to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for review and approval; and (3) interfacing with Nuclear Regulatory Commission and/or other regulatory agency representatives to communicate and gain alignment on licensing issues. Other nuclear, Navy nuclear, engineering, and legal/regulatory background may be considered.
• Management/Project Management: Proven experience managing/coordinating complex teams across multiple companies and functional disciplines on projects involving nuclear regulatory/licensing submittal preparation.
• Writing Experience: Must demonstrate the ability to write an effective, clear, and justifiable licensing action request/application for submittal to and approval by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. See “Written/Verbal Communication” under “Core Competencies” below. Writing sample requested.
• Industry Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
• Quality Assurance: Demonstrated understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards, and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1 preferred.
Additional Desired Skills:
• National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA): Experience working under the Department of Energy regulatory framework (e.g., NEPA) is a plus.
• Project Management: Working knowledge of project management systems is a plus (e.g., Project Management Professional [PMP] certification).
Duration: 12 months
Location: Remote (at home) position
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.