[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for qualified candidates to perform the following:
Provide technical oversight, technical support and engineering leadership for chemical process systems and unit operations (e.g., solvent extraction, dissolving, evaporation, ion-exchange, precipitation, calcination, etc.) in the Savannah River H-Canyon and HB-Line operating nuclear materials processing plants. Including:
• Provide evaluations and recommendations to Engineering Management on nuclear operations
• Perform and support site organization in mission and strategic planning for H-Canyon and HB-Line
• Provide technical oversight to facility engineering organizations and mentoring of junior engineers
• Develop process flow sheets
• Direct SRNL in process flowsheet development and anomaly evaluation
• Perform technical reviews of engineering and nuclear safety documents
• Provide direction to safety basis development strategy and input selection
• Lead technical teams to resolve division-wide issues
• Provide general engineering support to ensure safe facility operations
• Perform daily work duties in accordance with Site procedure E7 and 11Q
BS degree in chemical engineering from an accredited 4-year institution
Familiarity with H-Area and F-Area Separation processes is preferred.
Technical and Safety related knowledge of SRS Fuel processing including PUREX and HM oxidation reduction flowsheets, and electrolytic dissolution is preferred.
Minimum 30 years of experience of with DOE nuclear material processing.
Must have strong oral and written communication skills
Candidate must have ability to walkdown systems in the field.
Teamwork skills for a high-matrix project environment.
Must have understanding and have experience with the following properties and characteristics of nuclear materials such as 239Pu, 238Pu, 237Np, 233U, HEU, LEU, NU, 241Am, and other unique and rare isotopes.
Experience with Nuclear system operations and supporting technical bases for the following: building air supply, exhaust, exhaust filtration (HEPA and Sand filter), chemical storage and distribution systems, steam, cooling water supply and return, compressed air (breathing, instrument, process, and plant), electrical, nuclear criticality alarm systems and their control schemes including distributed controls.
Ability to integrate nuclear safety, operations, and chemical processes.
Ability to interact with DNFSB to discuss/resolve technical issues and concerns.
Ability to obtain and maintain a “Q” security clearance
Must be a U.S. Citizen
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or military status including disabled veterans and Vietnam era veterans, or other protected status. HukariAscendent maintains a drug-free workplace.