[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
System One is seeking an Electrical I&C Engineer or V&V Engineer supporting for nuclear material related equipment and facilities. This is a contract position with the potential to convert to direct. Preferred location is Richland/Pasco, WA area; however, will also consider Charlotte, NC; Aiken, SC; Federal Way, WA; and Idaho Falls, ID.
Responsibilities will include planning/conducting individually assigned engineering tasks or participation in a portion of a larger task or project. Additional responsibilities could include completing assignments in the areas of design reviews, proposal development, work scoping/planning, or other general engineering tasks as directed.
In this role, you will:
- Engage stakeholders and assist in the development of requirements (e.g., functional, regulatory, etc.) and identification of applicable codes/standards for the proposed equipment;
- Review of design documents, to include Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs), design specifications, instrument and control drawings, calculations, etc.
- Design and review of digital and analog control logic.
- Update software requirements, design, implementation, and test documentation in support of software configuration management, especially in support of design changes necessary to support Commissioning and Plant Operations.
- Specification for instrumentation and control valves.
- Generation of instrument data sheets and material requisitions.
- Use and update software databases for instrumentation, valve, and I/O
- Coordination of physical locations of instrumentation, control valves, control cabinets, etc.
- Design and review of cabinet layouts.
- Industrial control system (PLC) software programming with specific focus on ABB 8000xA system.
- Coordination with other engineering disciplines and other functions.
- Support and oversite of field work activities associated with scope.
- Participation in supplier factory acceptance testing.
- Some travel to plant and supplier facilities may be required.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical, Control and Instrumentation, Software Engineering, or equivalent discipline from an accredited college or university and 5 years of relevant experience. (or related discipline);
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience for Engineer IV;
- Prior experience with software configuration management and software lifecycle documentation.
- Prior experience in software requirements, design, implementation, and testing on distributed/industrial control systems, ABB system 800xA and/or Schneider Tricon preferred.
- Familiar with work Experience in the design of facility control systems.
- Experience with instrumentation specification and selection.
- Knowledge on logic diagrams, P&IDs, facility control systems, and instrumentation and control equipment layouts
- Knowledge on electrical systems, schematics, and electrical equipment layouts
- Knowledge on electrical, instrumentation, and control equipment specification and material requisitions process, and developing procurement documentation
- Familiar with process control system software development
- Knowledge and application of industry and regulatory guides, codes, and standards specific to Electrical, and Instrumentation and Control systems (ISA, IEEE, NFPA, etc.)
- Working experience of using Industrial control system (PLC) software programming – specifically ABB800 and/or Triconex controllers
- Good oral and written communication skills.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position:
- 5 years of experience in software development, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in safety system programming (Triconex Preferred).
- Experience providing engineering support to procurement, construction, and startup.
- Experience in design of a DOE or commercial nuclear facilities.
- US Professional Engineering (PE) certification.