[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The purpose of this position, Principal Engineer, is to provide support to National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Capital Projects for the Savannah River Plutonium Processing Facility (SRPPF) project. This subcontractor shall provide experience in advanced engineering techniques, design reviews, and analyses for problems and methods associated with the SRPPF.
Duties (not inclusive):
• Participate in a Formal Design Review Team.
• Review and comment on design output documents for SRPPF Design Output Documents.
• Write input to a Formal Design Review Report.
Background and Experience:
• Direct design engineering experience in one or more of the traditional engineering disciplines is required. Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred. Also Nuclear, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering will be considered.
• Ability to work independently and within a multi-discipline teams.
• Subcontractor personnel work shall be performed at SRS and various off-site locations. Subcontractor personnel will receive SRS General Employee Training and other training necessary to work at SRS.
Period of Performance Schedule:
• Work schedule will be a nominal 40-hour work week but can be part-time or with interruption between on-site requirements dependent on the support requirements necessary for the project. It is estimated that each standard year will consist of 2080 hours.
• An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Subcontract personnel must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE "Q" security clearance. After award, the selected uncleared candidate may be required to apply for a DOE clearance.
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Experienced Engineer with a background in Instrumentation and Control Design preferred.