[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI Energy is seeking a Project Engineer to support our client's solar farm design and construction projects. This is a 1+ year contract assignment.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsibilities span from initial concept definition to construction and final commissioning and require continuous coordination with diverse project stakeholders such as environmental, procurement, transmission services, and project managers for both early stage and construction.
- Responsible for managing 3rd party contractor teams to develop engineering designs for solar projects.
Qualifications / Education / Experience:
- Experience successfully managing schedules and budgets for major capital projects.
- Minimum -Bachelor of Science in Engineering. This is a requirement. Discipline can be electrical, civil, mechanical, aerospace or chemical.
- Minimum of 5 years experience. Exceptions can be made for less than 5 years if that experience is a good match.
- Engineering and project management experience on utility scale solar projects is preferred.
- Engineering and project management in DG/commercial solar fields may also be considered.
- Other technologies in the power industry - wind, BESS, combined cycle, nuclear, hydrogen, substation, transmission, etc.
- Strong candidates with experience outside of the power industry (aerospace, civil/storm water, etc.)
- Great communication, leadership and project management skills.
Hybrid remote work is okay. Since all projects are located in Florida, ideally looking for candidates who live in or near Florida. Even if remote, candidates would be expected to travel to the office periodically. Trips would be more frequent in the first 3-6 months as the candidate settles in to the role.