[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Excelsior Design, Inc. (EDI) is seeking candidates to fill a Senior Electrical Designer position in the Richland, Washington Office. In this position, the candidate will perform duties to lead and develop low voltage (<600 VAC) power distribution and lighting design media. Candidate must demonstrate an understanding of electrical distribution equipment specifications, distribution system arrangement and configurations, local building codes, and common electrical standards such as the National Electrical Code. Candidate must be self-motivated, have a strong willingness to learn, be able to work independently as well as with a multi-disciplined team, and have excellent organizational and communication skills.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Responsibilities will include working under the direct supervision of a licensed professional engineer while leading, developing, and/or reviewing design media for low voltage power distribution systems and lighting systems. Candidate will be responsible for development and/or review of design media that will be issued for construction. Design media may include, but is not limited to:
• Electrical one-line diagrams
• Power plans and elevations
• Wiring diagrams
• Connection/interconnection drawings
• Panel Schedules
• Electrical elementary diagrams
• Lighting plans and luminaire schedules
• Electrical installation details
• Material Lists/Bill of Materials
• Equipment Specification
Design will be done to meet client requirements and objectives and in accordance with client design/drafting standards. The candidate will work in a multi-disciplined team of engineers and designers and must understand and integrate information from other disciplines and equipment vendors as it applies to design of electrical systems.
• Associate's degree (AA, AAS) or certification in AutoCAD.
• Minimum 10 years of design experience.
• High proficiency with AutoCAD.
• Candidate must be local to the region or willing to re-locate.
• Demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
• Candidate must undergo and successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
• Proficiency with 3D modeling such as Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor, Revit or similar modeling software.
• Design experience related to a Department of Energy Site, preferably the Hanford Site.
• Experience with design of mechanical systems.
Salary is dependent upon experience.
• Medical/Dental/Vision plans
• Paid Time Off (PTO)