[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Oversaes Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 529286
Posted By: San Juan Construction
Posted On: 2019-07-16 00:04:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: Web site
Subject: [QA/QC Manager] Long term Overseas employment opportunities
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Marshall islands
Country: Marshall Islands
Zip or Postal Code: 96555
Kwajalein Atoll located in the Marshall Islands
Start date: ASAP
Duration 1-year contract with possible extension
Rotation 4 months on and 2 weeks off.
Tax free status after 330 days
Bonuses/Company pays for housing and food.
50hr + work weeks.
Current US Passport preferred.
OSHA 10 or basic plus preferred
QC Geo-Technical Specialist
The CQC Geotechnical Engineer plans, directs and coordinates all on-site Geotechnical Quality Control (QC) activities to ensure compliance with applicable company, owner, and government regulations and requirements. The CQC Geotechnical Manager is responsible for implementing the Geotechnical QC Plan in its entirety and making appropriate and necessary changes to the plan throughout the project duration. Supports production personnel to ensure quality services. Develop, lead and maintain a team quality control working environment. Establish and maintain good working relationships with Government Inspectors/Contacts (CORs), QC Inspectors, Delivery Order Managers, Superintendents, Owner, Suppliers and Subcontractors.
1. Implements and enforces the Geotechnical Quality Control Plan.
2. Ensure daily site inspections are performed and directs all quality control personnel.
3. Attends the partnering meetings, QC Plan Meetings, Coordination and Mutual Understanding Meeting, conducts the QC meetings.
4. Manages and coordinates the (3) three phases of control and documentation performed by the QC Specialists, testing laboratory personnel and any other inspection and testing personnel required by the Contract.
5. Performs submittal review and approval, ensures testing is performed and provides QC certifications and documentation as required in the Contract.
6. Prepares or verifies development of preparatory phase checklist to be reviewed with all production personnel prior to each phase of construction.
7. Responsible for maintaining SJC project documentation required as related to Contract Manager QC procedures.
8. Responsible for upkeep of Government required QC programs, i.e. QCS, WebCM, etc.
9. Verifies development and maintenance of a submittal register for each project.
10. Primary point of contact for contractor Quality Control responsibilities and obligations.
11. Reviews and submits all submittal data to the Government.
12. Reviews and verifies submission of Daily Reports to the Government.
13. Documents all non-conforming work and corrective action to be taken.
14. Verifies correction of non-conforming work.
15. Disseminates Quality Control Plan, issues and objectives to all production personnel.
16. Verifies that required inspection and reporting is performed.
17. Responsible for submitting Requests for Information (RFI) and disseminating responses received.
18. Acts as the main point of contact for receiving and disseminating contract modifications.
19. Ensures as-built drawings are maintained.
20. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, co-workers and managers.
21. Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE
Educational and experience requirements include:
PE in Geotechnical Engineering required
Experience with deep soil mixing, boring analysis, and soil science.
Experience involving excavating, dewatering, ground movement monitoring, and geotechnical engineering design and construction of sheet piles in coralline and marine deposits.
(Responsible charge is defined as being in direct control or personal supervision of geotechnical engineering work.)
Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee and project performance. Through understanding and adoption of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities is vital.
Superior communication and interpersonal (tack, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills is essential.
Must be business-oriented person. Workers should be able to: Plan, direct, and coordinate an entire activity or the activities of others; Evaluate information and analyze problems logically to develop solutions; Express ideas to others clearly; Work independently under pressure; Make decisions based on personal judgment; Perform a variety of duties that may change often.
Physically, workers must be able to Hear and see well (either naturally or with correction); Speak clearly; Sit for long periods of time; walk on uneven surfaces or climb on things and maintain balance.
San Juan Construction, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status established by law. San Juan Construction complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company conducts business. This EEO policy applies to all decisions including, but not be limited to the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; selection for training, including apprenticeship; and to all other terms and conditions of employment.”
The above document is a job description, which covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
This job description does not: (1) alter any employee's at-will employment relationship with San Juan Construction, Inc.; (2) give rise to contractual rights; or (3) give rise to an enforceable commitment. San Juan Construction, Inc. reserves the right to alter or amend this job description at any time and without prior notice to its employees.
“San Juan Construction, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status established by law. San Juan Construction complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company conducts business. This EEO policy applies to all decisions including, but not be limited to the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; selection for training, including apprenticeship; and to all other terms and conditions of employment.”
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
27 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.