[Chemist] Chemist - Mediterranean
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Oversaes Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Shanahan Engineering require a Chemist (Combined cycle power plant) with power project experience on GE, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Alstom or Hitachi OEM plant.
Duties and responsibilities are as follows but not restricted to:
• Routine daily analysis of process water and steam chemistry, including quality verification of on-line analytical equipment in cooperation with production and maintenance.
• Conduct non-routine testing and analysis of station water and steam chemistry during upset conditions. Monitor Water Treatment Plant production water quality.
• Carry out chemistry and environmental monitoring, providing advice and supporting the continued production of electricity to meet customer requirements, achieve best business value and compliance with company and statutory requirements.
• Be responsible for developing intimacy with the assets and a hands-on approach when carrying out investigations, testing and internal/external inspections of the plant that are affected by chemical treatment.
• Ensure that all water treatment, chemical dosing and storage, handling and safety equipment is fully functional without risk to HS&E.
• Supervise and manage the operation and maintenance of the water treatment plant and chemical dosing systems.
• Approve substances for use on site and ensure the currency of the EHS/Statutory practices and data base systems and interaction with the site, safety and risk assessment practices.